This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS iPad Education
This App contains photographs of all Song Yonghong’s artworks since 1985, including those that have been shown for many times on international exhibitions and those been collected by notable artistic organizations and collectors.
This App also contains reviews and interview articles from four critics and curators, in which Song has made a vivid depiction of his artistic experience as well as featured interpretation of his own artistic creation and concept.
This App presents photographs of Song at his sole exhibition, at his studio as well as in life.
Song Yonghong's Artworks Show:
-Shower is no longer a real instance of showering, but has become a spiritual sensation of existence and imagery. Yonghong’s own explanation is that “the person showering expresses the introvert, self-pity, personalized, private, self-comforting, escaping, contradicting, lost in direction, repetitive, ambiguous, violent, feminine, superficial, stubborn, enjoying, positive, tranquil and more, like a mirror they reflect human nature.”
- In comparison to the recent years of violence, bloodshed, self-destruction, and disgusting artistic method, Song Yonghong’s shower expresses another feeling toward existence among contemporary people – self-consoling happiness. It becomes a supplement to the former, or the former (an outcry), and the latter (introverted self-entertainment) are the two sides of the body of contemporary human spirit.
- Within Chinese contemporary art, the disposition of Song Yonghong’s subject is very unique. It has the rigidity of a puppet, but the whole and pure feeling of volume is also strong. On the one hand, this is related to his background in prints, on the other hand, he never uses models or photographs, thus there are no structural details—whatever he feels inside will be drawn out freely by hand.
- 295 pieces of artworks since 1985;
- Full round Photographs, including artist in life, at studio and exhibition sites;
- 20 super-size HD digital artworks regularly updated, containing Song’s electronic signature;
- Song’s Biography, resume, reviews by critics;
- Sharing with friends the App or each piece of Song’s work on Twitter, Facebook and Sina Microblog;
- All artworks available for sale on Artdepot.cn.
The App is operated in iOS 4 or higher edition operation system. The digital artworks require network supporting for super-sized HD photographs. Please keep connected to the network while downloading.