This app was removed from the App Store.
SkySafari 3 Pro
iOS Universal Education
Want the latest SkySafari Pro for iOS 7? Then search for SkySafari 4 Pro on the app store! This is SkySafari 3 Pro, and it will not be updated. It's only here for folks who want to stay on iOS 6. If you want SkySafari Pro, and you have iOS 7, DON'T BUY THIS APP! Instead, get SkySafari 4 Pro!
SkySafari 3 Pro will completely replace your desktop astronomy software, and forever change the way you view the night sky. With SkySafari 3 Pro, you can now explore the universe - not just from Earth, but from anywhere in the Solar System!
The Mac Observer says, "SkySafari 3 is the best of all the start chart apps for iOS":
As just reviewed in Sky & Telescope magazine, SkySafari 3 is "revolutionary" and a "game-changer":
SkySafari 3 comes in three versions. This version - Pro - includes everything in our other two versions, and adds the largest database of any astronomy app, period. Pro weighs in at half a gig, and contains over 15.3 million stars from the Hubble Guide Star catalog, plus 740,000 galaxies down to 18th magnitude, and over 580,000 solar system objects - including every comet and asteroid ever discovered.
SkySafari 3 Pro includes NASA's latest LRO Moon map, with 8x the resolution of any other SkySafari version. And yet it runs just as fast and smoothly as our basic version!
SkySafari 3 Pro can point your GoTo or "Push-To" telescope anywhere in the sky, using your iPhone/iPad/iPod's built-in WiFi, and our SkyFi or SkyWire serial accessories.
SkySafari 3 Pro accurately shows you the sky from any place on Earth, at any time up to a million years in the past or future. It includes 1100 encyclopedic descriptions of the constellations, stars, and planets written by professional astronomers. And it contains over 800 images from NASA space missions, the Hubble Space Telescope, and the world's foremost astro-photographers.
If you have an iPhone/iPad with a compass, or an iPod Touch with a gyroscope, SkySafari Pro can help you identify stars and planets by holding your phone next to them. Tap the Compass/Gyro button (or shake your phone) to activate the compass - now, as you move the phone around, the sky chart follows your motion. Search for any object in the sky, and follow the arrow on screen to find it!
SkySafari has a "Night" button to preserve your dark adaptation as you're exploring the night sky. The Time Flow feature lets you animate the night sky using simple VCR controls - follow the motion of the stars and planets as SkySafari compresses days, months, and years into a few seconds.
SkySafari 3 Pro includes SkyWeek - the mobile version of Sky & Telescope Magazine's super-popular "Sky at a Glance" column. SkyWeek features interactive sky charts for each day of the week, and links to more articles on S&T's website. SkyWeek shows you all major sky events: eclipses, conjunctions, good meteor showers — miss nothing!
SkySafari Pro's streamlined user interface puts the universe at your fingertips - and turns your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch into a 21st-century telescope controller. SkySafari is your celestial travel guide!
1) Fixes problem with predicting the position of comet ISON after perihelion (and other objects which pass very close to the Sun).
2) Locations in Arizona, USA now never observe daylight savings time.
3) Restored labels under the toolbar icons in the SkyWeek screen.
4) Fixed cosmetic problems on iOS 7: center coordinates and field of view labels now update quickly while panning/zooming; the blinking selection marker doesn't get left in its old location when panning the chart.
5) Fixed centering bug when starting time flow from orbit around a solar system object.
6) Ecliptic and Galactic longitude are now parsed correctly when entered in the Coordinates settings screen.
7) Fixed problem where the “Add to Observing List” and the “Make Observing List” buttons were sometimes white in night vision.
8) Changed the default setting for "Send Time & Location" under (Scope Setup) to OFF
9) Fixed problem where the screen showing an observing list wouldn’t get a Done button in some cases on iOS 7.
10) Fixed failure to apply alignment offset to GoTo commands for ServoCAT telescopes.