Shakespeare Pro™ includes complete works of Shakespeare (41 plays, 154 sonnets and 6 poems, including doubtful works) and search the concordance to find the exact word or phrase you’re looking for (with “relaxed” searching to find words close to your search term).
Shakespeare Pro for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is packed with these impressive features:
••• QUALITY TEXTS are a top priority and our team spent over two years compiling and editing the best references available. In the updated editions, the text is even more clear and each individual character is uniquely identified.
••• FIRST FOLIOS AND QUARTOS in original spelling show the works as they were originally published in Shakespeare’s time.
••• AN INTEGRATED GLOSSARY, based on the bestselling lexicon by David & Ben Crystal, Shakespeare’s Words™ is included. Once this powerful feature is activated, simply tapping on an entry will display its definition in context (not just a general definition).
••• TAKE NOTES AND SHARE THEM with your friends and colleagues. Organize your notes into notebooks for use in the classroom, theatre, or just to remember key facts.
••• CUSTOMIZE YOUR READING EXPERIENCE by choosing from a variety of color combinations, change the font family and size, display long or short character names, jump around to different scenes, and view line numbers (*read the note below about line numbering).
••• BOOKMARK YOUR FAVORITE PARTS in addition to remembering the last page you viewed. Even copy/paste that great line.
••• SCENE DESCRIPTIONS break down the action in each and every scene throughout the works.
••• CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS help you better understand the actions and motivations of every character.
••• GET THE FACTS by reading up on Shakespeare’s life, view data and chronology about his works, and an overview of scansion terminology.
••• DETAILED SCENE BREAKDOWNS give you an overview of the scenes within each play, their locations, and the characters present in each.
••• SHAKE YOUR DEVICE for Shakespeare himself to display a random memorable quote.
••• BROWSE THE GALLERY of famous Shakespeare portraits.
••• TALES FROM SHAKESPEARE, a series of 20 short versions of Shakespeare’s plays aimed at a younger audience, are included for free.
••• SWITCH ON AUTO-SCROLL to automatically scroll the text as you read and control the speed by tilting your device‚ or even turn your device into a mini-teleprompter.
••• THE SHAKESPEARE PASSPORT is your virtual ticket to events and
exhibitions all over the world. Just show the passport on your device for great benefits at participating venues. More information at ShakespearePassport.com.
These are just a few highlights of the great things in Shakespeare Pro. If you’re a student, professor, actor, or just plain love the Bard, this must-have app ensures you have the complete works at your fingertips.
The Shakespeare and Shakespeare Pro apps are a cooperative project between Readdle and PlayShakespeare.com.
*NOTE: Line numbers are NOT the same between different editions of Shakespeare’s plays, though they are relatively close. The Riverside, Arden, Folger, Shakespeare Pro and other editions all have slightly different line numbering due to the way each editor approaches the texts.
Version 1.6 brings a number of new features and bug fixes:
• New! Ability to add Notes to any word or line (add comments, annotations, analysis or blocking notes anywhere)
• New! Organize your Notes into Notebooks and share them with other users
• New! Character line highlighting and hiding (great for learning lines!)
• Add line breakdowns for every character (verse, prose, and lyrics)
• Added gallery of Arthur Rackham's illustrations for Tales from Shakespeare
• Improved search results browsing
• Expanded Facts section with more statistics and play sources
• Shakespeare Passport updates
• Additional help details
• Cosmetic improvements, minor text corrections, fixes to glossary
• General stability enhancements and compatibility fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- May 13, 2013
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (187)
- 116.6 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Calendars by Readdle - sync with Google Calendar, manage events
• Calendars+ by Readdle
• Documents by Readdle
• PDF Converter - Save Documents, Web Pages, Photos to PDF
• PDF Expert (professional PDF documents reader)
• PDF Expert - Fill forms, annotate PDFs, sign documents
• PDF Expert Enterprise - document management for the mobile era
• Printer Pro
• Printer Pro Lite
• Printer Pro for iPhone
• Remarks by Readdle
• Scanner Mini
• Scanner Pro by Readdle
• Terra - Web Browser with Tabs, Full Screen and Offline