iOS Universal Education
Shakespeare™ is a free app with the complete works of Shakespeare (41 plays, 154 sonnets and 6 poems, including doubtful works) and a searchable concordance to find the exact word or phrase you’re looking for (with “relaxed” searching to find words close to your search term).
Have a question? Read our FAQs: http://bit.ly/shakesfaqs
See what these users are saying about Shakespeare Pro:
“It’s really great!”
—Kenneth Branagh, actor and director
“‘The app’s the thing.’ Hamlet was almost right. Great to see Shakespeare Pro superplaying with Shakespeare’s plays.”
—David Crystal, Linguist and Author of Shakespeare's Words
“The Shakespeare Pro App is simply terrific and filled with loads of wonderful information!”
—Ken Ludwig, Tony and Olivier Award Winning Playwright
Even though it’s free, Shakespeare for the iPad/iPhone/iPod is packed with these impressive features:
• CUSTOMIZE YOUR READING EXPERIENCE by choosing from a variety of color combinations, change the font family and size, and jump around to different scenes.
• QUALITY TEXTS are a top priority and our team spent over two years compiling and editing the best references available.
• DETAILED SCENE BREAKDOWNS give you an overview of the scenes within each play, their locations, and the characters present in each.
• THE SHAKESPEARE PASSPORT® is your virtual ticket to events and exhibitions all over the world. Just show the passport on your device for great benefits at participating venues. More information at ShakespearePassport.com.
• BARDFIND™ is the easiest way to find a Shakespeare theatre or venue anywhere in the world.
If you’re looking for line numbers, the integrated Shakespeare’s Words glossary, a gallery of Shakespeare portraits, random quote generator, Shakespeare facts, auto-and scrolling, check out Shakespeare Pro for these and other great features. If you’re a student, professor, actor, or just plain love the Bard, this must-have app ensures you have the complete works at your fingertips.
Like the new features? Having trouble and need support? Let us know at email@example.com, at playshakespeare.com/support, on Twitter @playshakespeare, or Facebook facebook.com/PlayShakespeare
Works contained: All’s Well That Ends Well, Antony and Cleopatra, As You Like It, The Comedy of Errors, Coriolanus, Cymbeline, Double Falsehood, Edward III, Hamlet, Henry IV (Parts 1 & 2), Henry V, Henry VI (Parts 1-3), Henry VIII, Julius Caesar, King John, King Lear, Love’s Labours Lost, Macbeth, Measure for Measure, Merchant of Venice, Merry Wives of Windsor, A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Much Ado About Nothing, Othello, Pericles, King Richard II, Richard III, Romeo and Juliet, Sir Thomas More, Taming of the Shrew, The Tempest, Timon of Athens, Titus Andronicus, Troilus and Cressida, Twelfth Night, Two Gentlemen of Verona, Two Noble Kinsmen, The Winter’s Tale, Sonnets, Venus & Adonis, Rape of Lucrece, A Lover’s Complaint, Passionate Pilgrim, Phoenix & Turtle, To the Queen
We can't help you if you only post in the comments and don't contact our support. If you find an issue, get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll resolve it ASAP. We strive to be a 5-star app!
What's new in Shakespeare? We fixed a critical bug that was causing the app to crash for some users.
What was new in the previous version of Shakespeare Pro?
• NEW! The fourth edition of PlayShakespeare.com texts of plays, poems and sonnets—new and improved editions of the works that are better than ever!
• Improvements to notes performance and full compatibility with Shakespeare Pro for Mac (on the Mac App Store)
• Fixed an issue with "All" characters and with FF compare menu
• Fixed a minor search bug on iOS 9
• This is the last version of Shakespeare to support iOS 9. Please update to iOS 10+