Running Records Calculator Lite
The Running Records Calculator makes literacy testing faster and more accurate than ever before. This App combines all the standard running record calculator and stopwatch functions with the convenience of audio recording playback (not included in the Lite version). Flagging lets you quickly refer back to the audio of difficult sections of the reading for more accurate scoring. With the push of a button, you will be able to see students’ reading rate, percentage of accuracy, and self-correction ratio. Running Records Calculator is designed to be used by any teacher who assesses students using running records.
Here is how easy it is to use:
1. Press START as the student begins oral reading.
2. Tap FLAG Recording to mark any audio you wish to refer back to after the reading.
3. Tap ∎∎ to pause for interruptions.
4. Press DONE when the reading is complete, then proceed as follows:
5. Press #Words and enter the number of words read.
6. Press #Errors and enter the number of Errors.
7. Press #SC and enter the number of Self-Corrections.
As you enter this data, the scores will be automatically calculated and displayed on your screen. You may re-enter any of the data at any time.
After you have entered the number of words, errors, and self-corrects, press the share button to send yourself, administrator, reading specialist, or parents a report of the running record. The report includes the individual scores for that assessment. Feel free to edit the body of the email, enter the student name, reading level, leave notes on progress, add the comprehension score, etc.
The Audio Playback and email recording as attachment feature are not available in the lite version of this app.
bug fix - pause button and timer issues
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 20, 2013
- Von Bruno
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (16)
- 3.0 MB