iOS Universal Education
Right Plants - Plant Encyclopaedia
- Learn & browse over 5.000 plants - we are adding new plants every day!
- Identify your plants with the help of over 12.500 pictures & over 240 beautiful time-lapse videos
- Keep your plants healthy with Planting, Pruning, Feeding advice
- Prune your plants right with detailed and illustrated pruning advice
- Know your plants thanks to detailed plant description, height, spread, aspect, Botanical name, Botanical name explanation, genus and much more
- Quickly identify your plants and search by name, flower colour, period of interest, height, aspect, soil type, plant type, RHS plants, and much more
- Personalise each plant add your own pictures
- Create your virtual garden: add plants to your list
- Create your plant wish list: bookmark any plant
- Remember every detail about your plants: add notes to any plant
Story behind the app
I was filming for the BBC Private Life of Plants when a friend visited my garden. She said. "You have a beautiful garden. How do you know which plants will grow in your garden so you get a beautiful and colourful garden throughout the year? She said "I have a tree but don’t know what will grow under it. I have a garage and I’d like to climb plants up it, but I don’t know what to plants. I have lots of books but it takes too long to look through them and they often don’t have the information I want".
That gave me the seed of an idea to make and quick and easy to use, interactive plant database. I wanted to to allow people of all levels of experience to find the right plants to suit every condition of a garden to produce colour and interest throughout the year. I could take all the photographs but I needed Authors to write about the plants. I wanted authors with mud under their fingernails who would write about the plants with descriptions rather than just basic information which you get on labels.
I then needed to find programmers to make the plant database come to life. Plant database has been growing ever since.
Keep your plants healthy with pest & diseases details and treatment.
Prune your plants right!
Introducing illustrated pruning advice! Over 30 different plant groups with 144 illustrations and detailed instructions to show you exactly how to prune your plants. We also added Pests and Diseases to help you with identification and treatment.