Do you wish you could read the Thai writing that you see every day? If you live in Thailand, or have Thai friends over the internet, then learning to read Thai will be very useful. The good news is it's not as hard as you think. But many Thai alphabet apps don't really give you enough information to be able to put entire words together. That's where Reading Thai is different.
Reading Thai was designed by a successful Thai language learner who saw the need for an app that could give you all the basic information you need to start reading complete Thai words and pronounce them correctly. You'll learn how syllables are constructed and learn how each component of a syllable affects it’s sound. You’ll learn over 350 vocabulary words and hear each word spoken by a native Thai.
Reading Thai includes:
* All 44 consonants and their classes.
* Different sounds made at the beginning and end of syllables for each letter.
* Images to illustrate each consonant’s full name.
* Long and short vowels with alternate forms.
* Tone and punctuation marks and their uses.
* Thai numerals.
* Rules for determining tones of syllables.
* Rules for letter combination and irregular words.
* Phonics-style reading practice with audio.
* Alphabet Quiz to check if you remember the Thai letters.
Here's what some bloggers have said about Reading Thai:
"The best Thai reading/alphabet app in the iTunes store.
The other alphabet apps are lacking in some way but this one has most everything needed: Consonants, vowels, numbers, tone marks and punctuation, tone rules, letter combination rules, and multi-syllable rules.
This app can be used as a learning tool, or to look something up when reading Thai.
If you limited yourself to one Thai alphabet app, I would advise getting this app over all others available at this time."
"This colorful app has everything beginners need to get the basics down -- consonants, vowels, numbers, tone marks, and those dastardly tone rules.
Reading Thai nicely straddles the line between coming off as too child-like and too hard to get into. Good for quick reference, while the option that allows you to hear the letter or vowel being spoken is a nice touch too."
-Greg Jorgensen, CNNGo.com
***If you are unable to adjust the volume level, simply go to your iPhones Settings>>Sounds, then set "Change with Buttons" to ON.
Fixed compatibility issues with iOS 7
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 05, 2013
- Ryan Zander
- 40.8 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.50 (39)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Buddha Wisdom
• Chinese Travel Phrases
• Confucius Wisdom
• Japanese Travel Phrases
• Korean Travel Phrases
• Read Thai Alphabet
• Reading Thai - Words & Sentences
• Speak Chinese Fun Phrasebook
• Speak Chinese Fun Phrasebook for iPad
• Speak Chinese Phrasebook Lite
• Speak French Fun Phrasebook
• Speak German Fun Phrasebook
• Speak German Phrasebook Lite
• Speak Hindi Fun Phrasebook
• Speak Hindi Fun Phrasebook for iPad
• Speak Italian Fun Phrasebook
• Speak Italian Phrasebook Lite
• Speak Japanese Fun Phrasebook
• Speak Japanese Fun Phrasebook for iPad
• Speak Japanese Phrasebook Lite
• Speak Korean Fun Phrasebook
• Speak Korean Fun Phrasebook for iPad
• Speak Korean Phrasebook Lite
• Speak Shan
• Speak Spanish Fun Phrasebook
• Speak Spanish Phrasebook Lite
• Speak Thai Phrasebook Lite
• Speak Thai Sanuk
• Speak Thai Sanuk for iPad
• Speak Thai Slang
• Speak Vietnamese Fun Phrasebook
• Speak Vietnamese Phrasebook Lite
• Taoist Wisdom
• Thai Alphabet Tap & Speak