Proloquo2Go - Symbol-based AAC
iOS Universal Education
Proloquo2Go is an award-winning symbol-supported communication app providing a voice to over 125,000 individuals who cannot speak. It is designed to promote growth of communication skills and foster language development through research-based vocabularies. Its innovative features provide support for parents, teachers and therapists to implement AAC best practices.
“Users can open Proloquo2Go and begin to use it for effective communication immediately.” – Susan Berkowitz, MS-SLP, AAC Consultant.
Proloquo2Go is one of the few AAC apps that covers all users, from beginning to advanced communicators, while catering for a wide range of fine-motor, visual and cognitive skills.
The Crescendo™ vocabulary offers three vocabulary levels in 23 different grid sizes. Users can easily transition as language skills expand while customizations are retained. Core words appear in the same location across folders to support learning through motor planning. Proloquo2Go and the Crescendo™ vocabulary are available in English and Spanish, with support for bilingual use you can instantly switch between languages at any time.
• Choose from 3 vocabulary levels and 23 grid sizes ranging from 9 to 144 buttons on the screen
• Access 4,750 unique words out of the box and another 7,250 pre-categorized words in storage
• Select your vocabulary language: English (American, British or Australian) and/or Spanish (North American or Castilian)
• Use VocaPriority™ to quickly customize to user interest without deleting or creating buttons
• Pick from over 20,000 SymbolStix symbols or use your photos
• Create and move buttons, modify appearance (color, font, border, etc.) and adjust spacing
• Transition with minimal re-customization between vocabulary levels as the user’s skills grow
• Support learning through motor planning with consistently located core words
• Benefit from configurable English and Spanish grammar support for nouns, pronouns, verbs and adjectives
• Create consistent activities using activity templates pre-designed for 23 grid sizes
• Configure Message Window and buttons with symbols and text or text-only
• Use the configurable PolyPredix™ word prediction in Typing View
• Share messages through Mail, Messages, Twitter, Facebook and copy/paste
• Make quick choices using Popups
• Configure to Auto-Close popups after making a selection
• Simplify navigation with automatic Snapback to Home or Previous
• Download over 45 free natural-sounding TTS voices, including 10 genuine children’s voices and 3 bilingual English-Spanish voices
• Use a personal voice, created with Acapela Group’s my-own-voice project
• Enjoy ExpressivePower™ with prerecorded expressions and sounds
• Use Hold Duration and Select on Release to compensate motor challenges
• Access with a switch using built-in configurable (auditory) scanning
• Use with Apple’s Switch Control and VoiceOver
Classroom and therapy support
• Start simple and expand vocabulary as needed with minimal effort
• Customize vocabulary and settings per student with multi-user support
• Share folders between users and devices
• Contact our support team 24/7 by email or Facebook
• Learn using in-app help, online e-learning videos, or downloadable manual and tutorials
• Connect with peers on our private Facebook groups
Apple Watch app
• Use Apple Watch as a single switch for Proloquo2Go on the iPhone
• Use Apple Watch as a communication tool with customizable phrases and a sentence builder
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/proloquo2go
Discounts are available through Apple’s educational Volume Purchase Program.
Proloquo2Go 4.2 adds several strong new features:
- New customization features for Apple Watch
Proloquo2Go for Apple Watch could already be used as a single switch on iPhone, or as a communication tool by accessing pre-programmed phrases and a sentence builder. In version 4.2, you can now create your own phrases and customize the sentence builder on your iPhone.
- Support for iPad Pro
You can now benefit from iPad Pro’s large screen and have larger, easier to see and tap buttons, or have way more words on the screen without buttons becoming too small to see or tap. Proloquo2Go’s Crescendo vocabulary is ready for it, with grid sizes of up to 144 buttons.
- Support for Acapela Group’s my-own-voice
The my-own-voice project allows users to create a Text to Speech voice based on their own voice, useful for people with ALS and others, or the voice of a family member.
Version 4.2 also includes a few minor bug fixes, and all the major new features Proloquo2Go 4.0 and 4.1 recently introduced.