This app was removed from the App Store.
Practicing Unity Patterns
iOS iPad Education
Practicing Unity® Patterns, we call it PUP for short, is a fun and engaging way to learn Unity® patterns! This app is for those learning to use Unity®-based AAC devices as well as parents, therapists, teachers - anyone who needs a convenient way to learn Unity patterns.
PUP teaches Unity® patterns through independent exploration and guided quizzes. Unity® uses Minspeak®, an effective and efficient language representation method that promotes independent communication.
Using a small number of buttons, the person using Minspeak can independently communicate a large vocabulary without having to spell or to learn and navigate through a large set of pictures.
PUP offers 10 Unity® pattern lessons each of which only show the Unity® icons you need for the lesson. 600 phrases are included in PUP.
• Personal Pronouns
• Personal Pronouns with Contractions
• Comparison of Adjectives
• Pronoun-Verb Phrases: Auxiliaries
• Pronoun-Verb Phrases: Modals
• Pronoun-Verb Phrases: High Frequency
• Indefinite Pronouns
• Single Hits and Special Doubles
You get audio and visual feedback with the app.
• When an icon sequence matches a pattern, the pattern’s phrase is displayed and spoken.
• The rationale screen displays the rationale for the icons used for a pattern.
• Tap the phrase to re-speak the phrase and tap the rationale to speak the rationale.
• Tap the input tray to animate the icon’s locations on the page.
The quiz mode tests your knowledge of a lesson’s patterns. A quiz presents a random selection of target words from a lesson and prompts you to tap the pattern’s icons. You get a number of retries to match a pattern and attempts are timed. A quiz can be paused so you can explore the lesson and return back to the quiz where you left off. At the end of the quiz you get a complete report of quiz activity and you can print or email the quiz report.
© 2012 Semantic Compaction Systems
• Installation fix for some iPads
• Minor bug fixes and improvements