Poetry Notes analyzes and annotates ten famous poems. The full content of all ten poems is included for the price of the app.
Not only does the Poetry Notes decode and fully explain the meaning of ten famous poems but it does so by breaking them down into their most basic parts and then showing HOW each of those elements helps to create the overall meaning of the poem. Poetry Notes helps students understand how to analyze literature and write precise and highly detailed essays that avoid summary and explain HOW the elements of literature make meaning.
Poetry Notes uses detailed annotations and notes to break down each poem into its most basic elements and illustrate how those elements develop meaning. Each of the ten titles includes a clean text version of the poem, a fully annotated version, and an extensive notes section. In the notes section, click on any of the literary terms listed around several literary analysis wheels and a screen appears containing a detailed explanation of how that element of poetry helps to develop the overall theme of the poem.
Users receive the full content for all ten of the following poems for the single price of the app:
1. "Kubla Khan" - Samuel Taylor Coleridge
2. "Mending Wall" - Robert Frost
3. "Mowing" - Robert Frost
4. "Sonnet 130" - William Shakespeare
5. "The Raven" - Edgar Allan Poe
6. "The Second Coming" - William Butler Yeats
7. "The Wild Swans at Coole" - William Butler Yeats
8. "Ulalume" - Edgar Allan Poe
9. "Ulysses" - Alfred Lord Tennyson
10. "A Valediction: Forbidding Mourning" - John Donne
Poetry Notes was developed by a college English professor with extensive secondary experience and is appropriate for all levels from secondary through graduate-level university academics.
- General stability and performance enhancements.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Feb 09, 2014
- Gatsby's Light
- 5.7 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.50 (9)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (48)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• American Literature Guide
• British Literature Guide
• Essay Grader
• Essay Grader
• Essay Writing Guide
• Literary Analysis Guide
• Literary Analysis Guide II
• Locations NYC
• One Thing Right
• Peer Edit