This app was removed from the App Store.
Pocket Sight Words
iOS Universal Education
Endorsed by Parents and Educators, Pocket Sight Words is a literacy learning app perfect for kids in Kindergarten and Year 1. This app provides a simple and effective way for kids Ages 4+ to learn high frequency words for reading and writing through play-based learning.
"A very well designed app that has a lot of extremely positive features to it." - educationalappstore.com
"A high quality app that provides practice with 220 basic sight words appropriate for young children or struggling readers." - bestappsforkids.com
"The bright colours, music, animations and clear voice-over engage students to want to learn." - Reading Recovery Teacher
"We have seen a major shift in the students attitude towards sight words since using Pocket Sight Words in the classroom" - Kindergarten Teacher
• 220 words with audio assistance using correct pronunciation
• Short sentences (written by Kindergarten teachers) provide added contextual learning
• Playful illustrations and reward system
• The 'Find the Word' (mini-game) is a lot of fun and designed to enhance learning experience through listening
• Sight words grouped into lists to support gradual learning
• With over 500 (built in) unique sounds, words and phrases, kids can learn with or without a parent/guardian supervision.
• Our Pocket Sight Words program can also compliment Literacy programs used by schools - email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how!
• Clean and simple design
• No Pop-ups or advertisements
- Increase application performance.
- Minor bugs fixed.