This app was removed from the App Store.
Physical Science Through Photography
iOS iPad Education
***FREE IN-APP PURCHAES FOR A LIMITED TIME***
This app is designed for children who are 8-11 years old, elementary science teachers, and anyone interested in photography. This is truly an educational application. The app contains photographs that pertain to physical science on an elementary level. Each photograph contains 3 details with audio. A photo album is displayed and a photograph is chosen. The photograph opens in full screen with numbered markers. Tap the markers and view the corresponding detail with optional audio. The concept for this application was derived from an instructional strategy I used in my elementary classroom. The use of digital photography in the classroom aided in making the abstract concrete and aided in English language development for students’ whose first language was not English. Physical Science Through Photography provides inspiring photos that will stimulate your child's curiosity as well as your own!
Design and photography by an education specialist who has taught elementary science in one of America's largest school districts.
• sparks discussion and lets children reflect on their learning process
• brings words and concepts to the classroom
• aids in expository writing exercises
• activates student prior knowledge
• reveals misconceptions about science
• checks for mastery of science concepts
Using Photography To Build Vocabulary:
Research on language and vocabulary development has shown that children who have more experiences have better vocabulary development, and thus are better prepared to learn to read and comprehend what they read.
Designed for 3 Learning Styles
• Visual learners easily remember visual details and prefer to see what they are learning.
• Auditory learners like to have things explained orally.
• Tactile learners like to touch things in order to learn about them.
- Instructions for notebook added