Phrases Used by Native English-Speakers
*This is an English educational app designed for native Japanese speakers learning English.
“Phrases Used by Native English-Speakers” is the second title from the “Learning Practical English Conversation By Real Situation Dialogue” series. It is an English educational software that contains a lexicon of phrases that English native speakers use.
Genuine English language communicative aptitude cannot be derived from an isolated emphasis on speaking and listening alone. From this series-wide concept, every phrase is dialogically structured. As appeared in the first title of the series, Karen will be your instructor to practice English conversation.
The explicit significance is the phrase selection method using “functional syllabus”. The colloquial expressions are classified into three main categories and 50 subcategories, such as “request” and “suggestion”, in terms of language function. This app is designed to evenly enhance your speech movement skills by featuring various categories.
Unlike the legacy method of selecting phrases according to appropriate English grammar or situations, the “functional syllabus” has practicality and high versatility in various conversational scenes.
* The functional syllabus design, phrase selection, and supervision are presented by NHK Educational Corporation.
- Functional Syllabus
[Category and Expression Example]
- Main Category 1 Everyday Expression
- Subcategory 1 [Approval / Agreement]
A: It's a beautiful day, so let's go on a picnic.
B: [Sounds great.]
- Subcategory 2 [Encouragement]
A: I can't do this anymore. I'm quitting school.
B: [Come on!] It's almost graduation!
- Main Category 2 Emotional Expression
- Subcategory 1 [Irritation]
A: Where's my wallet? I lost my wallet again!
B: [You're impossible!] It's right there on the table!
- Subcategory 2 [Discomfort]
A: This morning, I drank a full glass of spoiled milk!
B: [Oh, that's gross!]
- Main Category 3 Communicative Expression
- Subcategory 1 [Conversation Introduction]
A: [Guess what.] I quit my job today.
B: You know, I quit my job, too.
- Subcategory 2 [Correction]
A: Wow, interesting. [I mean,] you look great!
B: It's okay. I don't like this outfit either.
- Learning Options
A conversation scene contains 2 choices to practice from: Part A and Part B.
Speaking to Karen triggers the speech recognition system. According to the results, Karen’s reactions change.
The listening option supports learning in hard-to-articulate circumstances, such as during a train ride.
Listen to Part A and choose a correct answer for Part B.
- Live 2D
Live 2D technology renders more realistic conversation scenes with Karen.
Live 2D is a proprietary rendering method that sets 2-dimensional images, such as illustrations, manga, and anime, in motion three-dimensionally while maintaining the distinctive 2-dimensional figure and style.
■Content of Each Package
- Main app (free): Contains 50 dialogues covering 50 subcategories.
- Basic Package 1 to 3 ($1.99 per Package): Contains 100 equally proportioned dialogues covering 3 main categories and 50 subcategories.
○iPhone (3G, 3GS, iPhone4), iPad, iPod touch (4th)
△iPod touch (2nd, 3rd) ※
×iPhone (1st), iPod touch (1st)
**To play SUMMER STORY using an iPod touch with no built-in microphone, a separate microphone is required. Operability with Apple-manufactured, mic-enabled headphone has been confirmed; however, using devices marked with the symbol ○ is recommended.
Bug fix update of speech recognition.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 18, 2012
- SQUARE ENIX INC
- 56.9 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 4.00 (4)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 4.00 (11)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 774 DEATHS
• BLOODMASQUE -ActionRPG-
• Big Cup Cricket
• Big Hit Baseball
• CHAOS RINGS
• CHAOS RINGS II
• CHAOS RINGS II for iPad
• CHAOS RINGS for iPad
• CHAOS RINGS Ω
• CHAOS RINGS Ω for iPad
• CHRONO TRIGGER
• CRYSTAL DEFENDERS
• CRYSTAL DEFENDERS Lite
• CRYSTAL DEFENDERS Plus
• CRYSTAL DEFENDERS for iPad
• Champ Man
• Champ Man 15
• Chocobo Panic
• DEMONS' SCORE
• DISSIDIA 012 FINAL FANTASY AR
• DISSIDIA 012 FINAL FANTASY Larger-than-Life Gal...
• DRAGON QUEST I
• DRAGON QUEST IV Chapters of the Chosen
• DRAGON QUEST VIII
• DRAKERIDER Chains Transcendent
• DRAKERIDER Chains Transcendent for iPad
• DRAKERIDER for iPad
• Deadman's Cross
• Deus Ex: The Fall
• FINAL FANTASY
• FINAL FANTASY ALL THE BRAVEST
• FINAL FANTASY DIMENSIONS
• FINAL FANTASY II
• FINAL FANTASY III
• FINAL FANTASY III for iPad
• FINAL FANTASY IV
• FINAL FANTASY IV: THE AFTER YEARS
• FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS
• FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: THE WAR OF THE LIONS for iPad
• FINAL FANTASY V
• FINAL FANTASY VI
• FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN COMPLETE Larger-than-Life Gallery
• FINAL FANTASY VII Compilation Wallpaper
• FINAL FANTASY XIII Larger-than-Life Gallery
• FINAL FANTASY XIII Larger-than-Life Gallery for iPad
• FINAL FANTASY XIV: LIBRA EORZEA
• FORTUNE STREET SMART
• FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST Gallery
• Guardian Cross
• Guardian Cross Wallpaper Collection
• Hills and Rivers Remain
• Hills and Rivers Remain Lite
• Hitman Absolution: Full Disclosure
• Hitman GO
• Hitman: ICA
• Imaginary Range
• Imaginary Range HD
• KooZac™ Free
• Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
• Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light HD
• Mini Ninjas
• PICTLOGICA FINAL FANTASY
• SLIDING HEROES
• SONG SUMMONER: The Unsung Heroes – Encore
• SONG SUMMONER: The Unsung Heroes – Encore Lite
• SOUL EATER Gallery
• SQUARE ENIX Software Token
• SUMMER STORY
• SYMPHONICA for iPad
• Secret of Mana
• Smoothie Swipe
• THEATRHYTHM FINAL FANTASY
• THIEF Companion
• The World Ends with You: Solo Remix
• The World Ends with You: Solo Remix for iPad
• Tomb Raider I
• VANGUARD STORM
• VANGUARD STORM Lite
• Victorian Mysteries®: The Moonstone
• Victorian Mysteries®: The Moonstone HD
• Victorian Mysteries®: Woman in White
• Victorian Mysteries®: Woman in White HD
• Voice Fantasy