This app was removed from the App Store.
Phonetics Focus HD
iOS iPad Education
Winner of The English-Speaking Union President’s Award 2011/British Council ELTons Awards 2012 - Digital Innovation nominee!
Help perfect your pronunciation with the best-value, most-comprehensive English phonetics iPad app available. 19 ‘big-screen’ activities and resources in one popular powerful app. Perfect for teaching and learning this difficult area of English, and all in fabulous iPad HD. We aim to help you to master and teach the sounds of British English wherever you are.
***Don't miss the great value, discounted 'English Pronunciation & Phonetics Pack' app bundle!
Packed with 19 activities, including interactive phonemic charts, phonetic typewriter, high-quality native-speaker audio, Listen & Record, scored quizzes, practice tools and printable full-colour audio flashcard sets, this iPad app could be the only app you'll need to learn, improve and succeed in successfully teaching and learning the sounds of English. Plus, the iPad’s big screen makes it even more fun to use.
You also a have a chance to win great pronunciation titles from Cambridge University Press, in our free monthly prize draw!
+Free Phonetics Focus Web Zone:
+English Idioms Interactive Zone: http://bit.ly/1zdssS4
**** This is the perfect partner for our Phonetics Type & Test or Phonetics Focus iPhone app!
* * * * *
"Great resource. Fun, innovative and worthwhile. I did not realize there were so many activities. It's a bargain, my students love it."
* * * * *
"I really like this and think it is helping my English pronunciation already. Lots of quizzes and they really test me... Maybe one day I'll get the accent of a native speaker!"
**Check out Phonetics Showdown + English Sounds: Pronunciation & Phonetics too!**
* Who is Phonetics Focus HD for?
Anyone who teaches English or is learning English can benefit from our app:
- If you are an English language learner, of any age and from any country, we provide you with new, exciting ways to learn, practise and improve your pronunciation.
- If you are a language teacher looking for stimulating, high-quality pronunciation/phonetics resources to help your students, this is for you.
- If you are a trainee teacher studying towards your CELTA, wanting to master the sounds of English, this is for you.
- If you are a non-native English speaking teacher who needs help teaching students the sounds of English correctly, this is for you.
- If you are a linguistics student, at undergraduate or postgraduate level, this is a useful resource.
* What's included in the Phonetics Focus HD app?
This fun, easy-to-use, ‘big-screen’ app is packed with 19 different activities to improve your knowledge of pronunciation, phonemic symbols and all 44 sounds of English.
Not one, but THREE ways to explore the phonemic chart:
- Phonemic Chart - All 44 sounds and symbols... just a click away
- Phonemic Chart iPoster - A fully illustrated, swipe-able, all-in-one chart with audio
- Listen & Record - Listen, Repeat, Record & Perfect
* We've developed EIGHT interactive, scored quizzes and ‘apptivities' to help you improve your knowledge of the sounds of English:
- Name that Phoneme! - Match the symbol to the sound
- Phonetic Flip - Practise your phonetic spelling
- Phoney Phonemes Quiz - Can you spot the fake phonemes?
- Missing Phonemes Quiz - Which phoneme has been removed?
- Minimal Pairs - Which one do you hear?
- Phonetic Spelling test - How's your phonetic spelling?
- Which Phoneme? - Pick the correct symbol & score
- Odd Phon' Out - One is right, but three are wrong
Plus 7 sets of full-colour flashcards (2 with audio) for you to use on your iPad, download or print and use either by yourself, with friends or in your classroom. In the app we've also included teaching and learning ideas to go with each set, so you can make the most out of our resources.
***Please email email@example.com with any comments, questions or suggestions.
- Full social media phonetics sharing on Phonetics Typer
- New randomised quizzes