This app was removed from the App Store.
Oxford Russian Dictionary
iOS Universal Education
Offering a comprehensive look at both languages, it includes over 185,000 words and phrases and 290,000 translations. The dictionary provides exceptional coverage of regional Russian, British, and American dialects as well as of modern idioms and colloquial usage, cultural notes elucidate aspects of Russian life, with numerous illustrative examples. It also includes all common abbreviations and acronyms, helpful advice on difficult points of grammar and correspondence section, with sample letters, CVs, and guidance on text messaging.
• Dictionary database contains over 76,000 entries.
• English sound module contains 51,000 entries by native speaker.
• Russian sound module contains 51,000 entries by native speaker.
• Audio pronunciations made by native speakers.
• No Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary once and use it on you iPhone/iPad/iPod touch without any additional expenses.
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• Search History of the last 100 entries.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Morphology module to translate words in any grammatical form (for English, French, Spanish and Russian dictionaries).
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Flash Card Quiz enables you to add new words to flash cards and test your knowledge as many times as you wish.
• You can clear your search history.
• New! Landscape mode support.
• New! iPad support.
About Oxford University Press
Oxford University Press is a department of the University of Oxford. It furthers the University's objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education in its worldwide publishing.
Please see www.oup.com for more details.
iOS 5 support