This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS Universal Education
Having trouble opening Blackboard notes on your iPad or iPhone? Just OpenItApp.
What is OpenItApp?
OpenItApp is the only way to use WebCT/Blackboard on your iOS device.
OpenItApp opens Blackboard™ (WebCT™) documents on your iPad and iPhone that won't open otherwise. It is an indispensable utility for any university staff or student that uses Blackboard™.
Do you get to university and realise you forgot to download some notes? So you load Blackboard™ in Safari and open some course materials, to discover that only the first page loads. You try scrolling, double tapping, zooming, but nothing works.
OpenItApp works. It gives you full access to all your notes so you can look at every slide or scroll through every page. Then open it in your favourite app like Pages, Keynote, GoodReader, PDF Annotator, PDF Expert, Dropbox or any other app that handles documents.
"I definitely recommend this app to anyone using Blackboard" - darylubc
"Get the app if you're a student!" - Raf0769
"Great app! My iPad would have been useless for school without it" - Student1267
"Works great and worth the money" - K633
"Best app ever" - sandy siu
"At last I have found an app that works!" - tomatina1321
- The University of Adelaide
- Deakin University (old DSO)
- Monash University
- Murdoch University
- University of Tasmania
- Victoria University
- University of Wollongong
- The University of Alberta
- The University of British Columbia
- The University of British Columbia (Connect)
- University of Calgary
- Carleton University
- McGill University
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- University of Ottawa
- Simon Fraser University
- University of Western Ontario
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
- Universidad Pablo de Olavide
- The University of Birmingham
- The University of Edinburgh
- The University of Nottingham
- University of Surrey
- Institute of Education, University of London
- Royal Veterinary College, University of London
- School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London
- London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine
- Armstrong Atlantic State University
- Boston College
- California State University, Chico
- Drexel University
- The University of Georgia
- Grant McEwan University
- University of Houston
- Michigan Technological University
- University of Massachusetts
- University of North Texas
- Nova Southeastern University
- Purdue University
- University of Texas San Antonio
- More to come
OpenItApp might work with other uni's Blackboards™, however no guarantee is made. If you find that it works, but your uni is not listed under 'Supported Universities', please email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
Or if it doesn't work, before you leave a negative review, please send an email describing your issue and we'll try hard to get it working in the next update (if possible).
+ Extraction of document - like lecture notes, tutorial notes or any document that won't open in Safari on iOS
+ Send the document to any other app on your device that supports opening documents
+ Autofill login details and autologin (if possible) to Blackboard™
+ Updatable uni list within the app - if OpenItApp works with your uni and it's not listed in the app, it can be added automatically.
OpenItApp is only guaranteed to work completely with the supported universities stated above. If it doesn't work with your college's or uni's version of Blackboard™, please email email@example.com and we'll try hard to get it working in the next update.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other issues, feature requests or feedback.
- Minor bug fixes
- This will be the last update to OpenItApp version 1.X.
- OpenItApp version 2 will be a separate app available on the App Store. It has been completely re-written with a more robust document opening mechanism, which should be able to handle any website thrown at it. Therefore, it supports many more universities. It has the same feature set, but is more stable. So, if OpenItApp 1.X works fine for you, there is no reason you have to upgrade.
- Thanks for your support.