This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS Universal Education
Need a basic primer on networks? In this video, network designer presents an introduction to networking for those who are just getting started or need a refresher. You'll come away with a broad understanding of how networks operate and what?s required to build them, along with some knowledge of how to use specific tools to build various topologies.
Bruce introduces network standards and vendors, such as ITU-T, IEEE, IETF, Cisco, Juniper, and Avaya, as well as various network components including the Network Interface Card (NIC), access points, routers and switches. You will also learn about:
- Local Area Network (LAN) Protocols such as Ethernet Type II and 802.3
- Small wireless networks, including WiFi and 802.11
- Internet Protocol (IP) and Address Resolution Protocol (ARP)
- Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP)
- Internet Protocol Versions 4 and 6 (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Subnetting and Masking
- Network tables and their operation
- Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)
- User Datagram Protocol (UDP)
- Spanning Tree Protocol and RSTP
- Virtual Local Area Networks (VLANs) and trunks
- Routing protocols such as OSPF (Open Shortest Path First), Routing Information Protocol (RIP) and a small dynamic routing topology