Montessori Letter Sounds - Learn Phonics with Tam & Tao
We recently released a new version of this app which includes 4 languages: English, Spanish, French and Italian. Please download the other version (same icon without a flag) or send an email to email@example.com if you have a question.
PARENTS' CHOICE AWARD & COMMON SENSE ON FOR LEARNING AWARD WINNER - The best phonics app, designed by teachers! Get your child to learn letter sounds and not letter names and you will get him/her reading!
***Rated 5 stars by commonsensemedia.org "This well-designed app teaches pre-reading skills such as letter sounds and shapes in colorful, uncluttered, and self-directed activities."
***“A charming, super interactive, and multi-level app to engage toddlers getting ready for school” – Wired - Geek Mom
***"I can see this being a solid app for taking children from just learning their letters and sounds all the way to early reading." The iPhone mom
***"This app is like a private Montessori lesson for children that don't yet read." Famigo.com
***The opportunities for children to engage in pre-reading exercises in this new world filled with apps are incredible. A favorite of ours is Montessori Letter Sounds." Kindertown.com
***"An ideal application for young children to learn and grow with." Bestappsforkids.com
Based on the Montessori* method, Montessori* Letter Sounds works in 4 steps:
- From the age of 3: “I spy” to play sound games.
- Around 4 years old: “Letter sounds” to memorize the letter sounds and shape.
- Between 4 and 5: “Mix and match” to bring together the two first steps.
- Around 4 1/2 years old: “Sound it out” to write their first words using a moveable alphabet.
All four steps are included in this version but two games are locked at first and get unlocked as the children play and win marbles. This ensures progressive learning.
In each step children will find a learning activity and a game to help them put their learning into practice. Self-correction is encouraged throughout the app to increase self-confidence. The system keeps track of marbles won by each player. Marbles are used to unlock games and levels and to stimulate learning.
Children also benefit from a “Toolbox” offering:
- A phonetic alphabet
- A notebook
- A sandbox to trace letters freely
- An image box (great for vocabulary)
*The Montessori Method is based on sensorial learning. Its main goals are to develop children’s autonomy and self-confidence.
**The Discovery of the Child, M. Montessori
Les Trois Elles was founded by Montessori teachers. We have years of classroom experience with hundreds of children. Our aim is to develop a range of truly educational and beautiful apps based on the Montessori Method. All our apps can be used at home or in class. They can also be used by speech therapists.
Although our apps are designed for children to play on their own, we always recommend that parents guide them at least for the first usage.
SUPPORT/FEEDBACK: If you have questions or comments on our app, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org as we cannot answer reviews left in iTunes.
KNOW WHAT'S INSIDE
As a MOMs with Apps member, we follow the "Know what's inside" best practices for kids’ apps. We take personal data protection very seriously. When using our app, your child will never come across:
-links to social networks
Follow us on Facebook (Les Trois Elles Interactive) and Twitter (@LesTroisElles):
Our users asked us for easier words, we added 50 great new words.
We also added a super fun tracing function offering colors and effects that only works on iOS7.
Don't forget to rate the app in iTunes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jan 25, 2014
- Les Trois Elles Interactive
- 68.0 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.50 (3)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.50 (48)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Easy Song Studio - Holiday Edition feat. Micky Green
• Easy Studio - Introduction to animation
• Montessori 1st Operations
• Montessori Geometry
• Montessori Letter Sounds - Phonics in English, Spanish, French, German & Italian
• Montessori Math Challenge, calculate better, faster!
• Montessori Math City
• Montessori Math: Add & Subtract Large Numbers
• Montessori Math: Multiplication
• Montessori Numberland HD - Learn to count