This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS Universal Education
★ A Parents’ Choice Recommended Award Winner ★
"This digital garden is ideal for group work in the classroom, as it promotes social interaction and decision-making to help plants thrive." - education.com
“Both myself and my little testers thoroughly enjoyed Green Up and would definitely recommend the app as a way of engaging children in ecology, science and gardening.” – bestappsforkids
“It is also a great resource for teachers who want to help their students connect plant anatomy to its physiology.” – iPadGadget
Green Up is a family-oriented game that allows kids to grow seeds from all around the world in different environments: strawberries in the woods, palm trees in the desert, carnivorous plants in the jungle...
As an educational tool, Green Up gives children a hands-on way to learn the basics of ecology and biodiversity. Key fact items include:
- The Earth is divided into two hemispheres. When it is winter in the northern hemisphere, it is summer in the southern hemisphere.
- The world is home to a variety of climates, each with its own features.
- Climate shapes the landscape.
- It is easier to grow a plant in its own habitat.
- Pesticides are not the only way to deal with insect pests.
- Fertilizer can be made from compost: dead plants.
Kids will also be learning some gardening basics—plants need to be watered and fertilized, and protected from freezing temperatures and pests.
They will be practicing what they learned at school about the parts of a plant and parts of a flower.
They will experiment with concepts like pollination and learn first-hand when it happens during a plant’s life-cycle.
They will grow their own plants; when a plant’s cycle is complete, they can collect the plant in an album.
Four different landscapes:
- Mediterranean forest
- Deciduous forest
Ten seeds, including rosebush, date palm, banana plant, red maple and a carnivorous plant. Each seed is linked to information about how to cultivate the plant, and related content.
Tools to grow and protect plants, such as a watering can, fertilizer, greenhouses and an insect aspirator.
A botanical album where the player can collect the plants that have completed their cycle.
The iPad version includes supporting text linked to the issues raised by the app.
If you like Green Up, please give us a rating. We would love to hear your views on how we can improve.
If you have any suggestions, please comment on our Facebook page. We'll be sure to reply.
Isygames is a member of Moms with Apps, a collaborative group of family-friendly developers seeking to promote quality apps for kids and families.
- Does not collect or share any personal data.
- Does not contain any ads.
- Does not contain in-app purchases.
- Does not contain social network integration .
- Does not include any external links.
- Does not include any analytics.
Improved for iPhone 5.
Plants grow faster.
Added new content:
- New questions.
- Two levels test.
iOS 6 related problems fixed.