First Words International HD
Apple! Manzana! Pomme! How many ways can you say it? This beautifully illustrated and photographed, multi-language app is perfect for the toddler or child who is learning the names of basic objects in any of the following 7 languages: English, Chinese, Spanish, French, Japanese, Hindi and Russian. Just select the language of your choice and start playing! For a demonstration of this app, check out the HamaguchiApps YouTube channel: http://youtu.be/RBzNWYevfNo
The app has a core of 50 objects, which are shown 10 or more ways so the child can more readily generalize their meaning. For example, “chair” is shown as a wooden chair, a blue plastic lawn chair, an overstuffed upholstered chair, a rolling desk chair, and even a plastic toy pink chair.
There are 3 activities: Learn the Word, Find the Word (receptive vocabulary) and Say the Word (expressive vocabulary).
In the Learn the Word activity, the child is taught the name for the word by a native speaker of the selected language by hearing and seeing it 5 times.
In the Find the Word activity, the child is shown 5 pictures and is asked to find the requested object.
The Say the Word game features a fun spinner and recording feature! The word is then played back and the user can compare to the model for that word, in whatever language has been chosen.
Options in the Settings:
* Animations: If answered correctly, a cute, short animation can be shown after a specified number of responses, depending upon the setting the user chooses (1, 3, or 5).
*Picture choice: Users can select photographs, color drawings or random.
* Text can be “on” to support early reading skills, or “off” to support early listening skills.
*Users: In addition, this full version app includes user settings and data collection for up to 15 children, making it an excellent choice for professional use by an educator or speech pathologist at a fraction of the cost of traditional educational software, with no additional “professional” version fees. Results can be emailed, and missed items can be played.
Hamaguchi Apps is dedicated to the mission of bringing high-quality apps to parents and professionals. Developed by noted speech-language pathologist and author of Childhood Speech, Language & Listening Problems: What Every Parent Should Know, Patti Hamaguchi, M.A., CCC-SLP.
To find out more about this app and our other upcoming projects, visit our website: www.hamaguchiapps.com
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jun 02, 2012
- Hamaguchi Apps for Speech, Language & Auditory Development
- Average Rating:
- 5.00 (10)
- 181.6 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Between the Lines Advanced
• Between the Lines Advanced HD
• Between the Lines Advanced Lite
• Between the Lines Advanced Lite HD
• Between the Lines Level 1
• Between the Lines Level 1 HD
• Between the Lines Level 1 Lite
• Between the Lines Level 1 Lite HD
• Between the Lines Level 2
• Between the Lines Level 2 HD
• Between the Lines Level 2 Lite
• Between the Lines Level 2 Lite HD
• First Phrases
• First Phrases HD
• First Phrases HD Lite
• First Phrases Lite
• First Words International Home
• First Words International Home HD
• First Words International Pro
• First Words International Pro HD
• Fun With Directions
• Fun With Directions HD
• Fun With Directions HD Lite
• Fun With Directions Lite
• More Fun With Directions
• More Fun With Directions HD
• More Fun With Directions HD Lite
• More Fun With Directions Lite
• Picture the Sentence
• Picture the Sentence HD
• Picture the Sentence HD Lite
• Picture the Sentence Lite
• Talk About It: Objects Home HD
• Talk About It: Objects Pro HD
• You’re the Storyteller: The Surprise (Home Edition) HD
• You’re the Storyteller: The Surprise Pro HD