FightVideo: Jujutsu is the premier iPhone and iPod Touch video collection of jujutsu training tutorials.
Want to learn some great self defense moves? Or to learn the basics of jujutsu?
Jujutsu literally meaning the "art of softness," or "way of yielding" is a collective name for Japanese martial art styles including unarmed and armed techniques. Jujutsu evolved among the samurai of feudal Japan as a method for defeating an armed and armored opponent without weapons. Due to the ineffectiveness of striking against an armored opponent, the most efficient methods for neutralizing an enemy took the form of pins, joint locks, and throws. These techniques were developed around the principle of using an attacker's energy against him, rather than directly opposing it. Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu was developed after Mitsuyo Maeda brought judo to Brazil in 1914. At the time, judo was still often commonly referred to as "Jiu-Jitsu", which explains why this derivative of judo is called Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu rather than Brazilian Judo. With FightVideo: Jujutsu, you can learn everything from the basics of jui-jitsu to more advance moves, all on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch!
FightVideo: Jujutsu also allows you to chat right within the application - you can immediately share your thoughts and comments on a moderated discussion panel. Share your favorite jujutsu moves with others!
FightVideo: Jujutsu is part of the FightVideo series of iPhone Applications. FightVideo features martial arts training and self defense videos in styles that vary from aikido to jujutsu If you like FightVideo: Jujutsu be sure to check out other apps in the series including FightVideo: Kickboxing, FightVideo: Aikido, FightVideo: Jujutsu and more!
== FightVideo: Jujutsu Features ==
- Over 20 jujutsu tutorials formatted for your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch
- High quality videos streamed immediately to you. No downloading or syncing required!
- Videos are optimized to your current connection speed, but work best with Wifi enabled
- Optional live user chat
== Videos Include ==
- History of Jiu-Jitsu
- Jiu-Jitsu : Pushing and Pullling
- Jiu-Jitsu Basics
- Basic Jiu-Jitsu Self Defense 1
- Basic Jiu-Jitsu Self Defense 2
- Basic Armbar Technique
- Punch Block To Hip Throw Basics
- T-Clinch To Hip Throw
- Jiu-Jitsu: The Great Escape
- Basic Choke Series
- Advanced Leg-lock/Calf Slicer
- Advanced Back-Mount Foot-Lock Technique
- Highlights Of Advanced Jiu-Jitsu
- High Scissor Guard And Sweep
- Fundamental And Advanced Chokes
- Jiu-Jitsu Technique: Leg-Lock And Helicopter Sweep
- Jiu-Jitsu: Beginner Sparring
- Jiu-Jitsu Flow Drills
- Jiu-Jitsu Beginner VS. Judo Black Belt
- Ryan Hall VS. Nam Phan
- 2009 NAGA Midwest Match
- Match Of The Night
- 4th Degree Black Belt
FightVideo: Jujutsu is brought to you by Interave Media, creators of the best of iPhone mobile video applications. Video application series include: Vintage Videos, ArtVideo, Cartoon Classics, ExpertVideo, Cute Clips, Video!, BeVideo, Faith Video, DanceVideo, FitVideo, LegalAid Video, Language Video, and Travel Video.
== Satisfaction Guaranteed! ==
If you are not 100% satisfied with this app then we will happily refund your purchase! Please contact Interave Media directly with your feedback.
Bug fixes; Performance updates; Faster load times.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Aug 16, 2011
- Interave Media LLC
- 0.9 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 2.00 (12)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 2.50 (14)