iOS Universal Education
Join over 200 million learners on Duolingo, the most popular way to learn languages! It’s free, fun and effective. The secret? Duolingo feels like a game and makes sure you stay motivated.
Over 30 languages to choose from - all completely free!
• "Far and away the best language-learning app." — The Wall Street Journal
• "A single app for language skills, self-improvement and digital escape." - The New York Times
• "Duolingo may hold the secret to the future of education." — TIME Magazine
• "...Duolingo is cheerful, lighthearted and fun..." - Forbes
Duolingo is changing the way people learn languages using advanced technology to personalize every lesson for you. Practice reading, writing, speaking, listening and conversation with intelligent Chatbots. Track your progress, earn rewards, and join the world’s largest community of language learners.
We offer: Spanish, French, German, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Irish, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Turkish, Norwegian, Polish, Hebrew, Esperanto, Vietnamese, Ukrainian, Welsh, Greek, Hungarian, Romanian, and Swahili. Oh, and English too.
While all learning content in Duolingo is free, we do offer Duolingo Plus which removes ads and provides other helpful features. If you choose to purchase Duolingo Plus, payment will be charged to your iTunes account, and your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Auto-renewal may be turned off at any time by going to your settings in the iTunes Store after purchase.
If you don’t choose to purchase Duolingo Plus, you can simply continue using Duolingo for free. Current Duolingo Plus subscription price starts at $9.99 USD/month. Prices are in U.S. dollars, may vary in countries other than the U.S. and are subject to change without notice.
While we're fixing bugs and improving performance, check out some of our cool updates from the past month:
1) Learn faster by ‘testing out’ of a skill level! Tap the key icon at Level 0 in any skill to ‘test out’ to Level 1 and reach more difficult content. To learn more about Crown Levels and why it’s better for learning, read our latest blog post on making.duolingo.com.
2) Learning Spanish? We've revamped our Spanish course to align better with international standards for language proficiency to make the learning experience more effective! Also, Season 2 of the Duolingo Spanish Podcast is underway, featuring true, fascinating stories in simple Spanish. Check it out on Apple Podcasts or at podcast.duolingo.com.
3) We made a movie! “Something Like Home” is about the impact of language on Syrian refugees. Watch it now and be inspired: duolingomovie.com
148Apps —Duolingo Review