Down the Lane
iOS Universal Education
Down the Lane describes changes in the natural world that are found down a country lane as the seasons unfold. The app with its rhyming verses introduces kids to the ever changing seasonal sights and sounds such as that of flowers, birds, animals and insects.
Down the Lane is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn Inc. The app is based on the book by the same name written and illustrated by Valerie Greeley.
▶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
- Learn the 12 months in a year and their distinct nature
- Introduction to animals and their sounds during various months in a year
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
- Name the animals/birds you’ve seen during various seasons
- Name the four seasons that occur round the year
- What distinct things we do in Winter/ Fall?
▶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder - when an image on the screen is touched, the associated word is spoken and the written word is displayed.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
▶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: email@example.com
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn