Blackboard Mobile™ Learn for iPad
NOTE: This version of the application is now deprecated and will be removed from the App Store on May 1, 2012. Instead, users should download the Blackboard Mobile™ Learn universal app (with the blue Blackboard icon), which works as a single application for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
Blackboard Learn™, now mobilized on your mobile device!
Blackboard Mobile™ Learn extends your existing Blackboard learning system by making much of the core content available across your Blackboard courses, content and organizations, in an engaging and intuitive way on iOS™ devices.
• View grades
• Access documents in multiple formats
• Save files to other apps for offline viewing
• View and post in discussion forums
• Comment on blogs and journals
• See the course roster
• Filter and favorite courses
• Upload media as attachments to discussion boards and blogs*
• Post announcements (instructors)
• Create content items within the course map* (instructors)
(*For schools using Blackboard Learn 8.0+)
You can do it all using your existing Blackboard username and password. Getting started is easy. Just download the app, enter your school name to verify that your institution has enabled Blackboard Mobile Learn, type in your credentials and away you go.
Now engaging and convenient access to your courses can be as mobile as you are.
NOTE: This app must be enabled by your institution to function and is free for you if enabled. The no-cost version for Higher Ed institutions in the US, Puerto Rico, and US Virgin Islands can only be accessed via Wi-Fi.
For more information on access to Blackboard Mobile Learn in the UAE, visit mobile.blackboard.com/etisalat
To find out if Blackboard Mobile™ Learn is available at your school, download the app and search for your institution or check in with your helpdesk or technology department to find out when Blackboard Mobile Learn may be available.
- This update encourages users to download the new, separate Universal Blackboard Mobile™ Learn application from the App Store, which runs as a single app on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. After downloading (instructions are included when opening this application), users should delete this application, which will soon be retired from the App Store.
- Added help button to initial screen for users that have trouble logging in. Please reach out to us using our in-app help system so we can help resolve login issues quickly by working with your institution.
- Fixed various login issues with certain institutions
- Stability improvements
Previous (2.3-2.3.5) Release Notes:
- Course tools (Discussions, Grades, Blogs, etc) can now be refreshed by swiping down
- Significant performance enhancements
- Streamlined login routine for repeat visits. Logging in is now much faster!
- Improved error message handling for institutions that have not yet enabled Blackboard Mobile Learn
- Fixed an issue that caused some users to experience a crash on startup.
- Fixed a number of login issues experienced by some institutions
- Fixed a critical issue where some users would see a "No Content" error rather than the course map
- Fixed an issue where unavailable content was not clearly indicated to instructors/designers
- Fixed an extraneous server error message appearing for some non-English language users
- Fixed an issue where instructors could not add content to empty content areas
- Fixed issue where Group Discussion threads were not visible
- Fixed two issues with Favorites handling
- Fixed a Dashboard display issue
- iOS 5 compatibility fixes
- Other bug fixes
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Mar 01, 2012
- Blackboard Inc.
- 15.4 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 2.50 (28)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 2.50 (2412)