This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS iPad Education
Spring Changes is a 32-page app for children aged 3-7. The most important changes of the spring season are told in brief, simple words and shown in beautiful seasonal photographs. This sensory-based exploration of the seasons is enhanced by textural backgrounds (leaves, clouds, sheep fur, and bird feathers, for example) that fill the pages behind the main photos and text. This is science for the early childhood set: brief text that teaches basic concepts and beautiful photographs that encourage children’s own observations of the world.
"Spring Changes" is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn. The app is based on Ellen B. Senisi’s book by the same name.
▶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
- Learn about the changes that occur during spring.
- Teach kids about the characteristics of Spring.
- Know why plants grow green and flowers bloom bright in Spring.
- Encourage children to plant gardens in the spring.
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
- Name the four seasons of the year.
- What is the difference between Spring and Winter.
- Name at least five flowers and five animals that you see around.
▶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder - when an image on the screen is touched, the associated word is spoken and the written word is displayed.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
▶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: email@example.com
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn
Bug Fix and Optimizations