This app was removed from the App Store.
Flash The Dash
iOS iPad Education
Flash the Dash is a beautiful story of a work-shy dachshund, Flash. He lives with Sashay in a low-slung bungalow in Rocksun. Flash likes to lie-in, so it falls to Shashay to find food. Until one day, when their roles are suddenly reversed.
Read along this Don Freeman book about how Flash decides to go searching for work, eventually being taken on as a telegraph messenger dog by Orville Orkin. He is so speedy that he not only quickly proves himself indispensible but also earns his nickname of “Flash the Dash”. Flash is so much into his work that at times he does not get home at night. Then one day came a telegram addressed to Flash himself! What did the telegram read?
Flash the Dash is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn Inc. and is based on Don Freeman’s book by the same name.
▶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
- Kids learn the life-long lesson of working hard
- Teach kids about various dog breeds and their characteristics
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
-“Name 5 dog breeds you have spotted in the neighborhood.”
-“What is the person who delivers mails called?”
▶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder - when an image on the screen is touched, the associated word is spoken and the written word is displayed.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
▶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: email@example.com
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn
Bug Fix and Optimizations