Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) is a convenient, on-demand or scheduled sign language interpreting service delivered over a live Internet video connection. With certified interpreters, clear audio and high-quality video, it’s as if the interpreter is in the room with you. Fast, easy and convenient, connect to an interpreter – anytime, anywhere, anyplace!
Purple VRI™ transforms your iPad® 2 into a full-functioning, “mobile interpreter” to help in situations where interpreters are needed to relay communications for deaf, hard-of-hearing or speech-impaired individuals and hearing individuals when they are in the same room.
After downloading, please call 800-618-2418 to create your account. Please note you will not be able to make a VRI call until an account is created through Purple.
- Easy-to-use and convenient; make VRI calls virtually anywhere, anyplace, anytime on a WiFi or 3G (on available model) connection.
- Certified interpreters, clear audio and high-quality video make it like the interpreter is in the same room with you!
- Purple VRI is perfect for work, schools, meetings, doctor’s appointments, on-the-go and much, much more!
- Last minute requests made easy – on-demand technology allows you to access services at any time, 24/7, 365 days per year.
Creating a Purple VRI Account: After downloading the app, call 800-618-2418 to create your account. Please note you will not be able to make a VRI call until an account is created through Purple. This can only be done by calling the 800 number.
Currently Supported Device: iPad® 2
NOTE: This is NOT Purple VRS. For Purple VRS, please search for “Purple VRS” in the App Store.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Nov 17, 2011
- Purple Communications, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 4.00 (1)
- 5.3 MB