Private DB lets you load and view databases on your mobile devices. You can import CSV or tab-delimited text files from the web, email, Dropbox, or share them from iTunes into tables in your database.
NOTE: You can view and sort and search tables with this app, but cannot add, edit or delete rows. To do that, please use General DB.
With Private DB, your rows are:
This app is great for IT managers who want to distribute company data in table form, and don't want to worry about their users modifying the data.
It is also ideal for publishers of reference data tables, who do not want their users tampering with the data.
*** The In-Depth Guide on our website has screenshots and video demos that you can review before installing! ***
- download and import tab-delimited or CSV text files
- download from the web or Dropbox, or share from iTunes
- import text files from the Mail app
- download and execute SQL files
- download and switch to SQLite databases
- sort on up to three fields
- search on any field
- use simple SQL select commands or the advanced SQL Console
- create views on tables to select a subset of fields or reordered fields
NOTE for iPad Users: For tables with many fields, use two-fingers to swipe left and right between columns. OR you can tap the lock button, then the Glasses button to minimize all fields to see them all on the screen. Also, your guide locations will need to be reset.
- UTF8 support during import
- Exporting field names is now optional
- Improved accessibility
- Option to batch lines into groups of 100 during import
- Option for no formatting during import
- TSV file extension supported for import (tab-separated values)
- Show the line count during imports
- App Info options were re-organized by function for clarity
- bug fixes
Many other improvements for the iPad:
- New buttons for changing guide positions: Minimize all field widths, decrease, increase, and reset to defaults for the type of field. Tap the Lock button to see them.
- Popover for viewing entire text field
- If there are many fields in a table, the search field now has a button to select which field to search on
- Moving guide positions now maintains the relative positions of the other ones
- Guide positions are saved and restored for all databases
It is wise to backup your databases before major changes, such as app updates. To backup your databases, either share them via Dropbox, email or through iTunes.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jun 11, 2013
- Portable Databases
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (6)
- 1.9 MB