iOS Universal Business
Private DB lets you load and view databases on your mobile devices. You can import CSV or tab-delimited text files from the web, email, Dropbox, or share them from iTunes into tables in your database.
NOTE: You can view and sort and search tables with this app, but cannot add, edit or delete rows. To do that, please use General DB.
With Private DB, your rows are:
This app is great for IT managers who want to distribute company data in table form, and don't want to worry about their users modifying the data.
It is also ideal for publishers of reference data tables, who do not want their users tampering with the data.
- download and import tab-delimited or CSV text files
- download from the web or Dropbox, or share from iTunes
- import text files from the Mail app
- download and execute SQL files
- download and switch to SQLite databases
- sort on up to three fields
- search on any field
- use simple SQL select commands or the advanced SQL Console
- create views on tables to select a subset of fields or reordered fields
IMPORTANT: This is a major new release. If you have important files or databases in the app, you should back them up before updating to this version. To back up your files, use Dropbox or sync them with your computer using iTunes.
- To easily tell when you are looking at Tables or Files, the Files view is now green
- On the Files view, the download button was moved to the toolbar so that new files can be more easily added
- To change the selected database, the "Select" button is now in the top right of the database file view
- New look in the iPad version
Other new capabilities:
- Rename files inside the app
- Improved importing of files
- A sample CSV file is created to see how to import.
- Change the file name of any of the Files
- The image file viewer lets you pick or take a new photo to replace the selected one
- View or edit text file contents before importing lines or executing SQL