iOS Universal Business
Private DB lets you load and view databases on your mobile devices. You can import CSV or tab-delimited text files from the web, email, Dropbox, or share them from iTunes into tables in your database.
NOTE: You can view and sort and search tables with this app, but cannot add, edit or delete rows. To do that, please use General DB.
With Private DB, your rows are:
This app is great for IT managers who want to distribute company data in table form, and don't want to worry about their users modifying the data.
It is also ideal for publishers of reference data tables, who do not want their users tampering with the data.
- download and import tab-delimited or CSV text files
- download from the web or Dropbox, or share from iTunes
- import text files from the Mail app
- download and execute SQL files
- download and switch to SQLite databases
- sort on up to three fields
- search on any field
- use simple SQL select commands or the advanced SQL Console
- create views on tables to select a subset of fields or reordered fields
IMPORTANT: Even though this is a minor release, it is imperative to back up your critical databases before any software update! To back up your databases, either use iTunes or AirDrop to share your databases to your computer, or upload your databases to Dropbox.
- On the iPad, in the Edit row view that expands from the top, when you tap the info button to manually view the text for a field, the popover now displays from the row number label. Also, the other editing popovers also display from there as well. This is to make the size of the popover as large as possible to ease editing, as well as to present the editing in a consistent place on the screen. The selected field is still highlighted.
- Corrected iPad search bar height for iOS 10 and above.
- SQLite library updated to 3.24. Check out the exciting new UPSERT capability!
- Bug fixes.