iOS Universal Business
Private DB lets you load and view databases on your mobile devices. You can import CSV or tab-delimited text files from the web, email, Dropbox, or share them from iTunes into tables in your database.
NOTE: You can view and sort and search tables with this app, but cannot add, edit or delete rows. To do that, please use General DB.
With Private DB, your rows are:
This app is great for IT managers who want to distribute company data in table form, and don't want to worry about their users modifying the data.
It is also ideal for publishers of reference data tables, who do not want their users tampering with the data.
- download and import tab-delimited or CSV text files
- download from the web or Dropbox, or share from iTunes
- import text files from the Mail app
- download and execute SQL files
- download and switch to SQLite databases
- sort on up to three fields
- search on any field
- use simple SQL select commands or the advanced SQL Console
- create views on tables to select a subset of fields or reordered fields
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have critical databases, you MUST back them up before updating to this version of the app. To back up your databases, either use iTunes to backup your phone, or Dropbox.
- when importing files, if any line lacks the expected number of columns it is noted and can be viewed by tapping the "Details" button after the import completes
- views rotate and resize when the phone is rotated
- table Definition now broken up into Fields and Schema
- now allows downloading .zip, .gz, and .Z files from the built-in web browser
- updated to support Dropbox API v2
- Add button becomes red when adding a row if any of the fields are not empty
- the + button to add a field was removed to reduce confusion on how to add a row. To add a row, open the top view by tapping the button that looks like a capsule. Then enter your data and tap the "Add" button
- the page left and right buttons were moved to the top of the screen for better visibility. They only appear if your selected table has more than 5 fields
- the minimize all field widths and restore default field widths buttons were combined into one button when you tap the lock button to unlock the field width size guides.