Private DB lets you load and view databases on your mobile devices. You can import CSV or tab-delimited text files from the web, email, Dropbox, or share them from iTunes into tables in your database.
NOTE: You can view and sort and search tables with this app, but cannot add, edit or delete rows. To do that, please use General DB.
With Private DB, your rows are:
This app is great for IT managers who want to distribute company data in table form, and don't want to worry about their users modifying the data.
It is also ideal for publishers of reference data tables, who do not want their users tampering with the data.
*** The In-Depth Guide on our website has screenshots and video demos that you can review before installing! ***
- download and import tab-delimited or CSV text files
- download from the web or Dropbox, or share from iTunes
- import text files from the Mail app
- download and execute SQL files
- download and switch to SQLite databases
- sort on up to three fields
- search on any field
- use simple SQL select commands or the advanced SQL Console
- create views on tables to select a subset of fields or reordered fields
- New User Interface!
- Font for Data option: change the font used for data so that letters and numbers are easier to distinguish
- Share files using AirDrop
- Upload images
- bug fixes
NOTE: This new version of Private DB has a different Dropbox folder than the previous one. The previous version used the Dropbox identifier of General DB, which caused some problems when both General DB and Private DB were installed on the same device. To deploy files from General DB to Private DB, copy and paste them between app folders in your Dropbox folder using the Dropbox app.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Feb 22, 2015
- Portable Databases
- 2.4 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.00 (8)