iOS Universal Business
Private DB lets you load and view databases on your mobile devices. You can import CSV or tab-delimited text files from the web, email, Dropbox, or share them from iTunes into tables in your database.
NOTE: You can view and sort and search tables with this app, but cannot add, edit or delete rows. To do that, please use General DB.
With Private DB, your rows are:
This app is great for IT managers who want to distribute company data in table form, and don't want to worry about their users modifying the data.
It is also ideal for publishers of reference data tables, who do not want their users tampering with the data.
- download and import tab-delimited or CSV text files
- download from the web or Dropbox, or share from iTunes
- import text files from the Mail app
- download and execute SQL files
- download and switch to SQLite databases
- sort on up to three fields
- search on any field
- use simple SQL select commands or the advanced SQL Console
- create views on tables to select a subset of fields or reordered fields
- import and export pipe-delimited files
- App Info has been reorganized
- when the "Large Rows" option is enabled, a larger font is used as well
- In the list of rows on the phone, now you can display up to 5 fields
- in App Info, the SQL console is now the same interface as that used when a table is selected
- added search bar to SQL Console
- improved error messages in the SQL Console
- changed "latest" to "last modified"
- Vacuum your database in App Info > Diagnostics to save space
- bug fixes and other improvements