iOS Universal Business
General DB is a general-purpose database app that lets you record information quickly and easily.
Try our FREE Private DB app to get a feel for General DB before you buy.
For example, if you have a bottle collection, you could make a table with these fields: Date Acquired, Bottle Type, Bottle Origin, Shape, Notes. Then whenever you add a new bottle to your collection, you can add a row to the table describing it.
If you want to track visits to different vacation sites, you can make a table with fields for the Date Visited, Location, Description, and Attraction. As you visit the sites, you can add corresponding rows to your table.
After you add rows to your tables, they will be:
Many apps are too specific to a subject, but General DB is flexible enough to handle many, many needs, such as:
- Customer info
- Membership lists
- Tracking Logs
- and many more !
No database knowledge is required to use this app, but you will pick some up as you go!
For power users:
General DB allows easy data entry into a full-fledged SQLite database. To do so, it enhances it with field types.
The field types allowed are Text, Number, Date, Time, Duration, Location, Photo, Barcode, and custom picker types. There are convenient buttons next to some fields for easier input.
For administrators or IT manager, you can create a master database of reference information that you don't want your users to modify. This master database can be published on the internet and either the Private DB app or General DB can download and view it.
Some more powerful features:
- Download files from the web or Dropbox
- Import text files into tables
- Execute SQL files
- Extract .zip or .gz files
- Manage your image files and create thumbnails
- Preview all the lines in a file before importing it
- Custom picker types to select values from a list
- Add your own image files from you computer using iTunes
- SQL templates for tables
- Add SQL statements to your Favorites
- See and execute past SQL in the History
- Built-in web browser to download files from
- Save websites in the Bookmarks
- SQL Console for executing arbitrary SQL
- Support for Views (subsets of fields from a table)
- Create views as JOINs of 2 or more tables for relational capabilities
- Export selected rows from your tables to a file
- Email your files to others
- Share your database via Email or Dropbox
- Create databases
- And much more!
If you have any questions, or if you need your business database customized for your iPhone or iPad, feel free to contact us on our website.
IMPORTANT: Even though this is a minor release, it is imperative to back up your critical databases before any software update! To back up your databases, either use iTunes or AirDrop to share your databases to your computer, or upload your databases to Dropbox.
- Fast Editing on iPad. Enable Fast Editing in the App Info and you can tap the up and down navigation buttons to saved edited rows.
- On the iPad, in the Edit row view that expands from the top, when you tap the info button to manually edit the text for a field, the popover now displays from the row number label. Also, the other editing popovers also display from there as well. This is to make the size of the popover as large as possible to ease editing, as well as to present the editing in a consistent place on the screen. The selected field is still highlighted.
- Corrected iPad search bar height for iOS 10 and above.
- SQLite library updated to 3.24. Check out the exciting new UPSERT capability!
- Bug fixes.