This app was removed from the App Store.
iOS iPhone Books
By Jay A. Kreibich
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596521196)
Build a Database Right Into Your Application
Databases aren't just for the IS group any more. Now, you can build database-backed applications for the desktop, Web, embedded systems, and operating systems without linking to hardcore client-server databases such as Oracle and MySQL. This book shows you how to use SQLite, a small and lightweight relational database engine that you can build directly into your application. You'll get a crash course in data modeling, become familiar with SQLite's dialect of the SQL database language, and much more.
* Learn how to maintain localized storage in a single file that requires no configuration
* Build your own SQLite library or use a precompiled distribution in your application
* Get a primer on SQL, and learn how to use several language functions and extensions
* Work with SQLite, using a scripting language or a language such as C# or Objective-C
* Understand database design basics, and transfer what you may already know to SQLite
* Take advantage of virtual tables and modules
"Complex SQL concepts explained clearly."
--D. Richard Hipp, creator of SQLite
About the Author
Jay Kreibich is a professional software engineer who has always been interested in how people process and understand information. He currently works for Volition, Inc., a software studio that specializes in open-world video games.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.