The Security Development Lifecycle
By Michael Howard, Steve Lipner
Published by Microsoft Press (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780735622142)
Your customers demand and deserve better security and privacy in their software. This book is the first to detail a rigorous, proven methodology that measurably minimizes security bugs—the Security Development Lifecycle (SDL). In this long-awaited book, security experts Michael Howard and Steve Lipner from the Microsoft Security Engineering Team guide you through each stage of the SDL—from education and design to testing and post-release. You get their first-hand insights, best practices, a practical history of the SDL, and lessons to help you implement the SDL in any development organization.
Discover how to:
•Use a streamlined risk-analysis process to find security design issues before code is committed
•Apply secure-coding best practices and a proven testing process
•Conduct a final security review before a product ships
•Arm customers with prescriptive guidance to configure and deploy your product more securely
•Establish a plan to respond to new security vulnerabilities
•Integrate security discipline into agile methods and processes, such as Extreme Programming and Scrum
Includes a CD featuring:
•A six-part security class video conducted by the authors and other Microsoft security experts
•Sample SDL documents and fuzz testing tool
PLUS—Get book updates on the Web.
All CD, DVD, and other supplemental content related to this app can be accessed for free at: http://examples.oreilly.com/9780735622142/.
Superb Reading Features
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 16, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- No data
- 8.9 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference