Streets of New York
*** Has been chosen as the Corona SDK app of the MONTH ***
Over six months in the making, this interactive 3D book takes you back into our history. Photographs, by Jacob Riis, showing the quality of life in the slums at the end of 19th century New York have been reconstructed in 3D. This is combined with background information about the history of New York and the photographer.
- Photographs from the end of the 19th century of New York converted into 3D.
- The 3D photographs can be viewed using three different modes: stereo photograph, 3d glasses (red/cyan) and sweep 3D
- When in sweep 3D mode, you can just swipe your finger left and right over the photograph to look inside of the photograph.
- Detailed background information about the history of New York.
- Detailed background information about the life of the photographer Jacob Riis.
About the company:
Next to an always growing catalog of amazing books and 3d images such as seen in this application, we also produce high quality anaglyph prints (signed and provided with passepartout) and products such 3d glasses.
Have a look around at:
- Streets of New York can now be run both on iPad as well as iPhone.
- (bug fix) The position of some elements were shown at incorrect positions on the new iPad.
- Reduced app filesize
- Redesigned the user interface of the 'Sweep 3D' section of each image. The text area showing the info about the photograph has been enlarged.
- All anaglyph images now use the full screen area.
- Added high resolution icons for the new iPad.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Jul 28, 2014
- 45.1 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- No data
- Other Apps By This Developer
• 3D ThroughView06
• 3D Winter Landscapes
• 3D Winter Landscapes HD
• Old Masters in 3D
• Sweet Shot
• Throughview01: View towards Peachtree Street (1866)
• Throughview02: View towards postoffice in Flagstaff, Arizona (1899)
• Throughview03: "Pine Cottage", Soldiers' winter quarters, ca. 1860 - ca. 1865
• ThroughView04: Country Wedding (1814)
• ThroughView07: Difficult Bride (1847)