SharePoint for Project Management
By Dux Raymond Sy
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596520144/)
"If you are a project manager looking for a technology-based, easily implemented, and usable solution for project communications, document management, and general project organization, this book is for you!"
-Susan Weese, PgMP, President and Founder, Rhyming Planet
Most companies don't understand SharePoint's power, and use it simply to share documents or spreadsheets. This hands-on book demonstrates how SharePoint can also help you organize and manage complex projects. With SharePoint for Project Management, you'll not only understand how to apply common and practical project management concepts in SharePoint, you'll learn how to build a Project Management Information System (PMIS), customized to your project, that can efficiently coordinate communication and collaboration among team members. With this book, you will:
* Learn to apply key project management techniques by leveraging SharePoint as a PMIS
* Track a case study that illustrates the circumstances and processes of an effective SharePoint PMIS
* Appropriately define access permissions for project stakeholders and team members
* Centralize project documents and keep track of document history with version control
* Automate project reporting mechanisms and generate on-demand status reports
* Track project schedules, control changes, and manage project risks
* Integrate project management tools such as Excel, Microsoft Project, PowerPoint, and Outlook
Each chapter includes activities that let you practice what you learn. Most SharePoint books are either too introductory (for end users), or too technical (for system administrators). SharePoint for Project Management is just what project managers like you need to learn how to harness the organizational abilities of this powerful software.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- Average Rating:
- 3.00 (2)
- 12.9 MB
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference