Programming Entity Framework, Second Edition
By Julia Lerman
Published by O'Reilly Media (http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596807252)
Your Hands-on Guide to Entity Framework 4
Get a thorough introduction to Microsoft's core framework for modeling and interacting with data in .NET applications. The second edition of this acclaimed guide provides a hands-on tour of the latest ADO.NET Entity Framework (EF) version in Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4. You'll learn how to use EF4 in a variety of applications, and gain a deep understanding of its architecture and APIs.
This ebook covers everything from the Entity Data Model and Object Services to WCF Services, MVC Apps, and unit testing -- and highlights important changes for experienced developers familiar with the earlier EF version.
* Understand the core concepts you need to make the best use of EF4 in your applications
* Learn to query your data, using either LINQ to Entities or Entity SQL
* Create Windows Forms, WPF, ASP.NET Web Forms, and ASP.NET MVC applications
* Build and consume WCF Services, WCF Data Services, and WCF RIA Services
* Use Object Services to work directly with your entity objects
* Create persistent ignorant entities, repositories, and write unit tests
* Delve into model customization, relationship management, change tracking, data concurrency, and more
* Get scores of reusable examples -- written in C# (with notes on Visual Basic syntax) -- that you can implement right away
About the Author
Julia Lerman is considered the foremost authority on Entity Framework. She is well known in the .NET community as a .NET Mentor, Microsoft MVP, ASPInsider, and INETA Speaker. She's a frequent presenter at technical conferences around the world and writes articles for several technical publications.
Superb Reading Features
Through a partnership between O'Reilly Media and Lexcycle, this app includes the same features that have made Stanza an iPhone phenomenon with over a million downloads:
* Full book text search
* Several fonts and themes to choose from
* Built-in dictionary
* The ability to add annotations
* Landscape view
* Extensive cross-referencing and working hyperlinks
* Zoom function for images and screenshots
About O'Reilly Media
O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, research, and conferences. Whether it's delivered in print, online, or in person, everything O'Reilly produces reflects the company's unshakeable belief in the power of information to spur innovation. Learn more about Ebooks from O'Reilly at oreilly.com/ebooks.
Lexcycle is the creator of Stanza Bookbinder which was used to create this standalone book application. Stanza Bookbinder is based on the popular iPhone Ebook reading application, Stanza. For more information about Stanza, visit www.lexcycle.com.
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Dec 15, 2010
- O'Reilly Media, Inc.
- 11.1 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- No data
- All Versions Average Rating:
- No data
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Cooking for Geeks by Jeff Potter - Complete Book, Interactive Edition
• Fluent Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Fluent Conference
• HTML 4 & 5: The Complete Reference
• OSCON – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Open Source Convention
• O’Reilly Software Architecture Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Software Architecture Conference
• Solid – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Solid Conference
• Strata – The Official Event App for O’Reilly Strata Conference
• Velocity Conference – the Official Event App for the O’Reilly Velocity Conference