In bestsellers like Purple Cow and Tribes, Seth Godin taught readers how to make remarkable products and spread powerful ideas. But LINCHPIN is different. It’s about you--your choices, your future, and your potential to make a huge difference in whatever field you choose.
There used to be two teams in every workplace: management and labor. Now there’s a third team, the linchpins. These people invent, lead (regardless of title), connect others, make things happen, and create order out of chaos. They figure out what to do when there’s no rule book. They delight and challenge their customers and peers. They love their work, pour their best selves into it, and turn each day into a kind of art. Linchpins are the essential building blocks of great organizations. Like the small piece of hardware that keeps a wheel from falling off its axle, they may not be famous but they’re indispensable. And in today’s world, they get the best jobs and the most freedom.
In this vook of LINCHPIN (Vook, Portfolio) Godin shows you what it takes to become indispensable, through integrated video and text.
Read and watch Godin explain what it means to be a linchpin, what you have to do to become one, the importance of being an artist, what art really is, and how to overcome the resistance that holds people back.
This vook includes original interviews with linchpins in a number of fields, including:
• Abbey Ryan, a painter who makes almost a hundred thousand dollars a year painting a tiny oil painting each day and selling it on eBay.
• Sasha Dichter and Blair Miller, visionaries who are remaking philanthropy for the developing world.
• Ross Abrams, a teacher who’s committed to connecting directly with his students
• Keller Williams, a musician who makes every performance a gift to his audience.
• Dusty Davidson and Jeff Slobotski, who created a community to connect and support entrepreneurs with big ideas.
As Godin writes, “Every day I meet people who have so much to give but have been bullied enough or frightened enough to hold it back. It’s time to stop complying with the system and draw your own map. You have brilliance in you, your contribution is essential, and the art you create is precious. Only you can do it, and you must.”
Share with Others
- Last changed:
- Aug 31, 2010
- Penguin Group USA
- 180.5 MB
- Current Version Average Rating:
- 3.00 (5)
- All Versions Average Rating:
- 3.00 (5)
- Other Apps By This Developer
• Adult Mad Libs
• ALEX RIDER ULTIMATE GADGET
• Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged [A New American Library Amplified Edition]
• Bible Verses By Heart
• Chopsticks Novel
• Coloring for Grown-Ups
• Family Guy Mad Libs
• Hello Kitty Mad Libs
• High School Bites
• Jack Kerouac's On the Road (A Penguin Books Amplified Edition)
• Jan Brett’s The Night Before Christmas.
• Kelley Armstrong's Cainsville Files
• Ladybug Girl
• Llama Llama Red Pajama
• Mad Libs
• Marcel the Shell with Shoes On: Things About Me
• Penguin Leveled Readers
• Poems By Heart from Penguin Classics
• Ranger's Apprentice Archery Training
• Shark Wars
• Skippyjon Jones App
• The Heart and the Bottle for iPad
• The Little Engine That Could®
• The Original Tale of Peter Rabbit™
• The Pillars of the Earth
• The Pillars of the Earth for iPad
• The Pocket Scavenger
• The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet
• The World of Richelle Mead
• This Is Not an App
• Who Was? Adventure
• Wreck This App
• WWE Mad Libs