This app was removed from the App Store.
Encyclopedia for iPad (German)
iOS Universal Books
Encyclopedia provides complete copy of the German Wikipedia encyclopedia on your iPad - meaning no internet access is required to search and view articles. This app is the fastest and simplest way to browse Wikipedia - and it works in a plane, on top of a mountain, in a tunnel, and in other countries. (Or, if you have a WiFi-only iPad, anywhere without Wifi)
When you first launch Encyclopedia, you will be required to download a copy of the German Wikipedia database, which will occupy about 1GB of space on your device.
For frequently asked questions, please head to http://collison.ie/wikipedia-iphone/faq.
- No internet access required
- Complete text of the German Wikipedia*
- Instantaneous search of article titles
- Fully functional links between articles
- Navigation trail, so that you can easily engage in the usual whimsical Wikipedia browsing.
- "The only game in town" - ZDNet
- "One of the Seven Must-Have Offline Apps For Your iPhone/iPod Touch" - New York Times
- "It's the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy realised" - Desinformado
- "It was one of the reasons I bought an iPod touch" - Lennart N.
- "It's the best and most useful iPhone app I know" - Alexander C.
* Some parts of articles that aren't very useful on a mobile device (such as references) have been excluded, but all of the actual article text is preserved. In addition, only proper articles are downloaded - image descriptions, user profiles, etc., are not included.
• fully universal for iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad mini
• great new Safari like interface
• 10x speed improvements
• support for multiple language database downloads, including Wikitravel.
• free database updates coming mid December 2012