iOS Universal Books
Featuring fully automated comics from Top Cow, Antarctic Press, and Indy, with more to come!
"With Digital Comics, Madcap Studios has developed a fantastic comic book reading experience for the iPad and iPhone." - AppShopper.com
"Madcap Studios' Digital Comics app enriches your comic-reading experience with features like automated panel-by-panel reading and action animations." - Macworld.com
5/5 - "Digital Comics is a great app that does exactly what it says it does!" - Appboy.com
5/5 - "One of the coolest apps I've ever used!" - Random App Store Review we greatly appreciate
Digital Comics by Madcap Studios brings your regular flat Comic Books to life in ways never before possible! Simply enter "Panel Mode", hit "Play", and sit back as the app guides you from one panel to the next, at dynamic, mood-enhancing speeds, underscored by rich action animations, such as gunshots, earthquakes, impacts and explosion!
Featuring a custom in-app store, Digital Comics makes it easy to discover and purchase new, high quality content, with a tap of your finger, using your ever-present iTunes Account. And now (new in v3), you can also import your own Digital Comic collections! We support the most popular formats, and our In-App Importer makes the whole process extremely simple!
Digital Comics has recently been rebuilt entirely with Resolution Independence in mind. That means you can run it on any-sized device running iOS, including the iPhone 6S Plus, and the all-new iPad Pro! It also means you can multi-task on the iPad, or watch your comics play out on the Television via Air Play, too!.
For more information on Digital Comics, please visit our website:
• AirPlay Comic Reading (on your television) now allows for relayed touches! (No longer restricted to Panel Mode viewing only)
• The initial import credit cap has been raised from 3 to 5!
• On launch, so long as the UI Color hasn't been set manually, the app now picks a random UI Color. (Previously defaulting to Red)
• The Grid animations no longer pause, except for when you enter a book.
• Downloads which fail verification upon downloading or attempting to resume downloading will no longer remain in your comic list as a zombie comic which will crash the app the moment you try to read it.
• If you cancel or fail a purchase, and re-invoke that Comic's Buy Button (if it goes away, and then comes back, perhaps through scrolling), it will no longer read as "WORKING".
• Fixed an issue where, under certain circumstances, and in certain categories, the Book Store could display multiple copies of the same Comic.
• Fixed a slight issue where the buy button could, while downloading, begin to slowly jiggle toward the left or the right, along the top of the book preview.
• Fixed a SUPER-subtle layout issue in the Book Info.
• Fixed a Store layout issue which could result in a column appearing off-screen to the right.
• Fixed an issue where the Store Coverflow could appear to stutter on load.
• Rebuilt and centralized the *entire* Image loading system.
• The Store will no longer reload the same exact image when it's used in more than one place.
• Book Info and Book Preview assets now take loading priority over everything else in the store.
• Pages in the Book Preview are now properly cached.
Regarding slow connections:
• When image loads timeout in the store, they now re-attemp up to 3 additional times.
• Fixed an issue where on slow connections (edge or 3g, for example) Book Info in the Book Store *could* layout incorrectly prior to load.
• Fixed an issue on iPad where loading a Store section (ex: "Title") while another one was still loading (ex: "New"), the Coverflow would continue to load, producing unexpected behavior, and delay the load of the new section.