Come Again, Pelican is a story for kids about the great friendship between a young boy vacationing beside the sea with his parents and a pelican who comes to the boy's rescue. By the author of Corduroy, Don Freeman. (iPad Lite version, by Auryn Apps)
iOS iPad Books
Come Again, Pelican is a wonderful adventure for any young reader. This story is about the great friendship between a young boy vacationing beside the sea with his parents and a pelican who comes to the boy's "rescue." Young readers will delight in the boy's seaside discoveries.
Come Again, Pelican is a part of the Auracle line from Auryn Inc. The app is based on Don Freeman’s book by the same name.
▶ KEY EDUCATIONAL THEMES:
- Kids learn the importance of loving other living beings.
- Teach the concept of beach vacations and fishing.
▶ EXTEND THE LEARNING! ASK YOUR CHILD:
-What are the characteristics of a Pelican?
-Name at least 4 water birds and what do they eat?
▶ ENHANCE CREATIVITY BY PERSONALIZING THE STORY:
- You can write your own version of the text for the book
- Personalize the narration: kids or parents can re-record the narration to make it their own!
▶ DEVELOP READING SKILLS WITH THESE LITERACY TOOLS:
- Image and word association vocabulary builder - when an image on the screen is touched, the associated word is spoken and the written word is displayed.
- Karaoke effect - when a word is spoken during narration then the word is highlighted.
- Touch a word to hear it being spoken in “Read Myself” mode (almost like “training wheels” for new readers)
▶ THREE WAYS TO READ THE BOOK:
1) "Read to me" - Listen to the narrated story while the text is displayed Karaoke style. After the narration finishes on a page the child can interact with objects until they are ready to move to the next page.
2) "Auto Play" - same as "Read to Me" except the page advances automatically once the narration is finished. Useful for those long car rides when you want the child to have a complete book experience.
3) "Read myself" - There is no narration but the child can touch a word to hear it being spoken aloud.
The lite version contains the first six pages of the original app with all the functionalities. The user also gets an overview of rest of the pages in thumbnail format.
Please rate and review the app. Your feedback means a lot to us!
Stay in the loop: www.auryn.com
Write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Like us: Facebook.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Twitter.com/aurynapps
Follow us: Pinterest.com/appsbyauryn
Bug fix and Optimizations