This app was removed from the App Store.
NOOK from Barnes & Noble - Read 2 Million Books, Free Books, Magazines, and Newspapers
iOS Universal Books
NOOK™ for iPad and iPhone from Barnes & Noble offers an incredible reading experience for NOOK Books, magazines and newspapers including New York Times Best Sellers, new releases and hot newsstand titles like Us Weekly, Star, The Oprah Magazine, & Martha Stewart Living. Choose from more than two million NOOK Books, magazines and newspapers with thousands of free books and sample books.
And we’re not just transforming your iPad or iPhone. We’ve even got a free NOOK app for your Mac and PC, other smartphones, and a great, dedicated eBook reader called NOOK, so you can read the NOOK Books you buy from us on the screen you want.
The NOOK app is not just a new chapter, it’s part of a whole new story that's going to kindle a real revolution in reading. Your NOOK Books: available, anywhere, anytime, any place.
• Two million books, magazines and newspapers at your fingertips
• The most popular magazines all in one place delivered directly to your iPad, iPhone 4/4S, or iPod touch 4th generation
• Free samples of books and thousands of free classics
• Sync your current reading position with PC, Mac, NOOK and NOOK Color devices
• Tap or swipe to turn pages
• Adjustable font size so you can make the text as big as you want for reading
• Multiple font types so you pick the typeface you prefer
• Brightness control for easy reading in any light
• Built in Merriam-Webster’s Pocket Dictionary
• Search inside the book
• Add notes, bookmarks, and highlights
• Customizable background and text colors, use our themes or create your own
Newsstand Customer Favorites include -
Entertainment/Celebrity: Billboard, Rolling Stone, Spin, Us Weekly, Hollywood Reporter, OK! Magazine, Star
Home/Lifestyle: Martha Stewart Living, O: The Oprah Magazine, Dwell, Every Day with Rachel Ray, House Beautiful
Food: Saveur, Every Day Food, Food Network Magazine, Food & Wine
Fashion: Elle, Cosmopolitan, Marie Claire, Harper’s Bazaar
Business/News: Bloomberg BusinessWeek, The Economist, The Harvard Business Review, Fast Company, Newsweek, Forbes
For Men: Maxim, Esquire, Car & Driver, Men’s Fitness, Outside, Men’s Health, ESPN the Magazine, Men’s Journal
Technology: Popular Science, PC Gamer, PC Magazine, Maximum Tech, Information Week, MacLife, Maximum PC
General Interest: Consumer Reports, Family Circle, National Geographic, Reader’s Digest
Newspapers: USA Today, The Washington Post, The LA Times, The Chicago Tribune, the Onion
We’ve rebuilt the NOOK app with a new design for the library, an updated reader for books, magazines, and newspapers, and improved syncing.
* NOOK Newsstand for iPad, iPhone 4/4S, and iPod touch 4th generation with retina display:
-- Read an amazing assortment of the most popular magazines & newspapers from Us Weekly and Cosmopolitan to National Geographic and USA Today
-- Our exclusive Article View™ puts the focus on the content as you easily page through rich, full-color issues.
* Improved sync for last page read, notes, highlights, and bookmarks
* Redesigned Custom Themes: Choose from millions of colors for text, links, pages, and highlights to create your own themes.
* NOOK is now a Universal app
-- It’s the NOOK for iPhone and NOOK for iPad apps bundled into one.
Before installing the update, we recommend that you sync bookmarks, highlights, and notes. However, custom themes and ratings will not be saved. After updating, you will need to recreate your custom themes and ratings will not be available.
Due to changes for improved syncing, this update will require you re-download your titles on your device. A current default credit card on your Barnes & Noble account is needed for successful book downloads.
This update requires iOS 4.0+ and works on iPad, iPad 2, iPhone 4S/4/3GS/3G and iPod touch (2nd generation and above).
- The invalid serial number error issue has been resolved for Verizon iPhone 4 customers who have iOS 4.2.10. We recommend Verizon iPhone 4 users with iOS 4.2.10 un-install and re-install the NOOK app.
- If you are experiencing difficulty downloading books, please log in to Barnes & Noble website and verify that the credit card associated with your account is current and has been selected as the default credit card.