iOS Universal Books
Thousands of FREE audiobooks await. Whether you're stuck in traffic, powering through your workout or cramming for an English test—Audiobooks puts the most beloved audiobooks at your finger tips.
Now with Apple Watch support! You can now control the playback of your audiobooks right from your wrist. Easily select from books in your library, switch chapters, or control playback. The included Glance view (accessible from the Apple Watch's clock) shows you the currently playing book and how far you are in the current chapter.
Or if you don't have time for an audiobook you can listen to a Podcast instead. Podcasts are like your own personalized radio station, proving a steady stream of topical, fun episodes to enjoy.
In addition to the great free content, we also include a growing collection of premium audiobooks for your enjoyment. These include professionally narrated modern best sellers and hand-selected classics edited for maximum quality.
- Thousands of fantastic, free Audiobooks for you to choose from
- A carefully curated collection of Podcasts to enjoy
- Offline download perfect for your commute
- Background and AirPlay enabled playback
- Dark Mode to be easy on your eyes at night
- Fully customizable Sleep Timer.
Just a quick update to fix a few bugs that I've found in the last release. Thanks for the help in tracking them down.
Version 7.0.0 Release Notes:
I've been working to make Audiobook more reliable and easier to use. This update is a top-to-bottom update that improves:
- I've added a new feature called, TimeSaver, which seamlessly removes silence from your audiobooks making them play faster but without the usual distortion of increasing the playback rate. You'll typically save 5-10% of time when this is turned on.
- The layout of the app has been changed to make it easier to navigate
- A fresh visual design that puts a stronger emphasis on the books
- A consistent design for the iPhone and iPad to make it easier to move between them
- Dramatic stability and compatibility improvements
- As well as adding HUNDREDS of new FREE books.
I hope you like the update! If you do, please consider writing a review of the app. If you see any issues or have feedback please let me know using the support link in the Settings area.