Binary Hammer’s gorgeous timer app, 30/30, received a major update last week that adds several new features. 30/30 first debuted in June and immediately struck me as a well-designed app that can help you document your desired schedule and stay on track to get things done. In response to user feedback Binary Hammer has added several new features, including the ability to sync lists across multiple devices using iCloud and the capacity to save multiple lists.
The full text of what’s new in version 2.0 is as follows:
You asked for new features, and we delivered. You can now:
- Create multiple lists.
- Sync your devices with iCloud.
- Use any of the 27 new alert sounds.
- Have access to up to 72 new icons via IAP.
- You can now specify seconds in your tasks; from 1 second all the way up to 9 hours per task. Changing the duration is now very easy and very accurate.
- Be notified that tasks are complete even if the app is in the background.
- Deleting tasks has been refined and includes a built-in confirmation.
- New -/+ buttons on each side of the dial temporarily add or subtract time to the current task.
- You can easily share your lists with others.
- You can now launch the app with the 3030:// URL scheme.
- More gestures allow you to quickly and effortlessly use the new features.
- More options to help you get more information from your list.
- Bug fixes to improve stability and fix cosmetic issues.
The ability to create multiple lists can be particularly handy if you want to create schedules for individual days so you can document your entire week to accommodate classes on different days or regular changes in your work schedule. The addition of new icons available via in-app purchase at $.99 for each themed pack or $1.99 for all three packs together is a cute touch and expands your options for tagging the items in your lists. The alert sounds available are the standard ones offered in iOS, which is a bit of a bummer since it would be nice to get some custom sounds that suit 30/30’s overall design and feel.
30/30 remains free with the option for you to express your thanks monetarily via in-app purchase for $.99, $1.99, or $2.99 and it’s still a recommended download if you’re looking for an app to help you stay on schedule to get work done.