Apple has released iOS 5.1.1 today to fix several bugs involving HDR photos, Airplay video playback, Safari bookmark and Reading List synchronization, and the iPad’s ability to switch between 2G and 3G networks.
- Improves reliability of using HDR option for photos taken using the Lock Screen shortcut
- Addresses bugs that could prevent the new iPad from switching between 2G and 3G networks
- Fixes bugs that affected AirPlay video playback in some circumstances
- Improved reliability for syncing Safari bookmarks and Reading List
- Fixes an issue where ‘Unable to purchase’ alert could be displayed after successful purchase
For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website:
iOS 5.1.1 is free to download and is compatible with the iPhone 3GS and up, the 3rd- and 4th-generation iPod touch and all iPad models.
Apple previewed iOS 5 at last year’s Worldwide Developer Conference in June and released iOS 5 in October. Apple is expected to preview the next major iteration of iOS at the WWDC keynote event next month on June 11.