Today Apple announced the release of a version of its popular music creation application, GarageBand, that’s compatible with the iPhone and iPod touch. Version 1.1 of GarageBand is now available in the App Store for $4.99 and it is a free upgrade to existing owners of the app.
Beyond adding compatibility for the iPhone and iPod touch, version 1.1 of GarageBand also includes several new features and enhancements:
- Universal app designed for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch
- Create custom chords for Smart Instruments
- Support for 3/4 and 6/8 time signatures
- Reset song key without transposing original recordings
- Transpose songs in semitones or full octaves
- Additional quantization options for recordings including, straight, triplet and swing
- New audio export quality settings for AAC and AIFF (Uncompressed)
- Arpeggiator available in Smart Keyboard
- Adjustable velocity settings for Touch Instruments
- Numerous enhancements, including automatic fade out and improved audio import options
GarageBand debuted for the iPad earlier this year and has been available for the Mac for several years now.