Fring, a free communications app available for a number of platforms, has been updated to be universal with an interface optimized for the iPad. The latest update also brings Bluetooth audio support for the iPhone and connectivity improvements.
The full list of what’s new in version 126.96.36.199 is as follows:
- NEW iPad optimized version!
- The 1st GROUP VIDEO calling app for iPad. Use it for Video chat on 3G/WiFi to iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, Android and other smartphones.
- NOW 4 friends see each other at the same time.
- Fun drag & drop navigation. Unique combo communication with simultaneous voice/video + chat and more.
- iPhone now with BLUETOOTH support – I can hear you clearly now!
- Connectivity improvements so you stay connected.
- Bug fixes. It’ll be even smoother fringing now.
Fring created this slightly goofy video to showcase the new interface on the iPad:
Fring was last on our radar in April when 4-way video calling was added as well as last summer when it was one of the first 3rd-party apps to bring 2-way video calling to the iPhone 4.