Apple updated its iMovie and GarageBand iOS apps yesterday adding new features, bug fixes, and more. Most notably, GarageBand now supports audio out via AirPlay and Bluetooth accessories while both GarageBand and iMovie can now play audio through through Apple’s own Digital AV Adapter accessory.
The full list of what’s new in version 1.2.1 of iMovie is as follows:
- Audio plays from your HDTV when using the Apple Digital AV Adapter.
- Video plays full screen from Marquee to your HDTV when using the Apple Digital AV Adapter.
- Resolves some cases of missing media in projects.
- Provides more accurate clip grouping by date in Video browser.
- Fixes an issue where a project’s background music would not fade in or out.
- Additional performance and reliability improvements.
The list of changes for GarageBand version 1.0.1 includes the following:
- Support for audio output over AirPlay, Bluetooth devices and HDMI with the Apple Digital AV Adapter.
- Import of AIFF, WAV, CAF audio files and Apple Loops (16 bit, 44.1 kHz).
- Allows copy and paste of audio from supported apps into GarageBand.
- Addresses occurrences of GarageBand freezing while playing Smart Instruments.
- Improves overall stability and addresses a number of minor issues