Tango Video Calls, the free video calling app that makes use of the iPhone 4’s front-facing camera that hit the App Store in September, was updated this week to add compatibility with the most recent iPod touch model. The app has also received a minor interface make-over and some additional improvements.
The full list of changes and new features in version 1.4.5248 is as follows:
- Just in time for the holidays, we’ve included support for the fourth-generation iPod touch! Use your email to register with Tango
- New look and feel for Tango Contact list that takes advantage of retina display for iPhone 4 and iPod touch
- Simplified registration process
- Audio quality and connectivity have improved
- Improved notification system if there is a problem with your account
- You will see more of your friends on Tango, including those who used email to register
- Tango now works on Wi-Fi networks with firewalls
Despite its limited device compatibility to date (prior to this update, Tango only worked on the iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS), the app has been a regular in the Top 200 Free Social Networking apps and has earned an overall rating of 3.5 stars.