As promised at the WWDC keynote event earlier this month, Apple has released its iMovie app that offers on-device movie editing for the iPhone 4. The app has a host of impressive features, including the ability to apply themes and add music, photos and special effects to videos created with the iPhone 4:
Made for Multi-Touch.
- Tap to add or record video right into your project.
- Drag to trim the lengths of video clips and photos.
- Pinch to zoom the timeline and get a closer look.
- Slide to scrub through the video in your project.
Give it a theme.
- Choose from a selection of themes including Modern, Bright, Travel, Playful, and News.
- Each theme includes a matching set of titles and transitions – plus its own soundtrack.
- Instantly change themes or swap themed elements in your project.
- Titles and graphics automatically update with location data from your video.
Add music and photos.
- Select from included music that matches each iMovie theme, or select from your own song library.
- Enable ducking to automatically lower the volume of background music and highlight audio from video clips.
- Add photos from your own library, or take a picture and drop it into your project.
- Customize each photo with a unique “Ken Burns” panning effect.
Share your movie.
- Export your movie in one of three sizes: Medium, Large, or HD.
- Share your movie on the web in a MobileMe gallery or on YouTube.
- Send your movie to friends and family in an email or via an MMS message.
- Easily sync your movie back to your computer.
iMovie is compatible only with the iPhone 4 and will not work on any other iPhone or iPod touch model.