iOS iPhone Utilities
The new Translate app in iOS lets you quickly and easily translate your voice and text between any combination of eleven languages. Designed to be the best and easiest-to-use app for translating conversations, Translate combines high-quality translations with an intuitive design, so that having a conversation is natural and simple.
• Conversation mode - Turn the phone to landscape to split the screen and show text from both sides of the conversation. Just tap the single microphone button to say something and the automatic language detection transcribes the original and translated text on the correct sides of the screen, followed by translated audio.
• Voice translation - Translate with your voice quickly and easily without sacrificing quality. Select the language you want to translate to, tap the microphone, and begin speaking.
• On-device mode - Enable a fully offline experience for Translate. Use all the app features for downloaded languages and keep your translations private without needing to turn off your phone’s internet connection.
• Text translation - All languages have their keyboards included for translating text, so you don’t have to download keyboards separately or manually switch between them.
• Favorites - Save translations in the Favorites tab to easily access later. You can also view your recent history and save phrases you just translated.
• Attention mode - Enlarge translated text in landscape mode, making it easier to read and more effective in getting someone’s attention.
• Dictionary - See the definitions of words in your completed translations, so you can learn along the way.
Translate currently supports translation between any combination of these 11 languages: English, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian, German, French, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Arabic