iOS iPhone Sports
Harry's Dyno is a high precision performance measuring app. It utilizes GPS and OBD sensor input to recognize arbitrary speed ranges like 0-60 mph or 100-200 km/h. Both acceleration and deceleration testing is supported.
Results can be compared and analyzed in details. Using two-cursor mode, one can inspect subranges of data recorded (e.g. 80 to 120 km/h for a 0 to 200 km/h). Data is stored locally and can be filtered by speed range and vehicle used. It can be exported to various data formats too.
Provided the smartphone is mounted in a position with good GPS accuracy, the internal GPS can be used for measurements. For short speed ranges, high powered vehicles, and highest precision, either external GPS or OBD sensors can be connected. OBD adapters are actually preferable as speed changes are available instantly. We have an always up to date list of compatible accessories available here: www.gps-laptimer.de/compatibility/ios
For distance based performance testing (quarter mile etc), please use Harry's LapTimer currently. This mode will be added to Harry's Dyno as a free upgrade shortly.
For Harry's LapTimer users! Harry's LapTimer GrandPrix has received a free feature upgrade and includes Harry's Dyno functionality now: please follow LapTimer ‣ Race ‣ Performance to use the dyno mode. In case you have used Harry's LapTimer Petrolhead so far, you may either upgrade it to GrandPrix (LapTimer ‣ Administration ‣ Add-ons), or go for Harry's Dyno as a separate app.
Enjoy and let us know what you think! For questions, tipps & tricks, and support, please use our forum www.gps-laptimer-forum.de
- Optimized Light / Dark skinning for web and help views
- Optimized sizing of iPad user interface, font sizes and gadget heights in particular
- Improved Bluetooth handling for iOS 13: LapTimer can be operated with BT disabled again
- Fixed Video Preview landscape orientation when starting it from a portrait view (Classic, Speedo, Racer's)
- Removed OBD24U sensor support
- Fixed a bug in reading NMEA from external GPS accessorties
- Improved NMEA handling to handle GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou sentences better
- Enriched NMEA sentence display in Satellites View and Sensor Information to report on GNSSes used
- Fixed problem with missed satellites in Satellites View
- Added support for sensor configuration dialogs using scripting
- Code sanitizing and modernization