Bird Songs USA & Canada (3100)
iOS Universal Reference
*** Another American Bird App? Remember the app 'Birdtunes', an app to quickly browse songs and calls of North American birds which is no longer available? This is its replacement with updated taxonomy, over 3,100 songs including all the songs from Lang Elliott + 400 more! However, this app is NOT a field guide but a great companion if you already know your birds and simply need a source to QUICKLY find and play top quality songs in the field! ***
The sounds are of superb quality covering 900 bird species and 3,100 songs and calls including spectrograms for each sound. Photographs and a selection of states and provinces are also included. *** This is the best set of songs and calls for this region ever published.***
All species can be browsed according to their taxonomic classification and thus easily be compared. Spectrograms to all sounds as well as high quality photographs and descriptions to each species are also included. Explanations to all recordings are given including location and more. Bird names are given in English, Latin and French, Spanish and German.
This app offers many special features:
– 3,100 songs & calls
– includes 900 North American species, USA & Canada
– spectrograms to all sounds
– compare 8 or 16 sounds next to each other or play simultaneously
– 1,380 photographs
– create your own sighting lists and sort by place, date, group, and name
– make notes for each bird spotted
– display bird names in 5 languages and select sequence:
* English, Latin, French, Spanish, German
Once downloaded no internet connection needed – just download the app and start birding!
Please note: to work on an iPod touch you need at least generation 5. Thank you.
We are happy, if you like our app. Please don't hesitate to email us if you have any questions or suggestions or comments at [email protected]
Follow us on Facebook:
Thank you for over 100 supportive emails with lots of suggestions to make the app more usable in the field!
We have solved a few annoying bugs and will continue doing so:
- the app opens much quicker now, this was due to fact that it still had a test routine activated by mistake which slowed the app down tremendously
As a result:
- The app will now open much faster than before
- the app might open on older devices where it crashed before it could open
- app is now iOS 11 ready (this solves some graphical errors)
- App doesn't close anymore when you switch to another app andthen come back
- "subtrack" has been removed from the song description which sometimes overlapped with song captions